Hi all first post here.

My name is Liam and i live on the south shore. I am originally from england and brought all my carp gear with me when i moved to the usa 11 years ago but it has not yet been out of the closet.
I would love to find some lakes on the south shore that contain carp does anyone have any tips.
I am hoping to do some scouting before winter sets in.
I know of the rivers containing carp in ma but i prefer stillwater fishing.
Someone once told me of a lake in Hanover that held carp but i can't remember which one.
Any pointers for places to start looking??

thanks,Liam

Posted Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:57 pm

i've seen carp crusing in almost any lake i've fished. Pick a lake, chum the area and setup your gear. Where are you on the south shore. Just from the top of my head, Boliver Pond in Canton has pretty large carp, i would see them sunbathing when i was fishing for bass in that area about 8yrs ago.

Posted Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:11 pm

scoobystas

i've seen carp crusing in almost any lake i've fished. Pick a lake, chum the area and setup your gear. Where are you on the south shore. Just from the top of my head, Boliver Pond in Canton has pretty large carp, i would see them sunbathing when i was fishing for bass in that area about 8yrs ago.

I'm in Halifax

Posted Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:04 pm

I'll be doing a bit of fishing this weekend, Sunday to be specific, with a few guys, one of from this site as well..Not south shore but prolly bout 1 hour from ya give or take 10 mins. If your interested drop me a pm and I'll be happy to sort ya out some details! It is a lake, can be a bit tough so might be a blank weekend lol..not really what I'd call a "runs" water..but could produce some big, big fish...

As far as anything right round you, sadly I've not done much fishing out that way. I really should change that some time soon though.

It is funny as I've fished with 2 other brits now that live here in Ma or NH..and funnily enough both of them lived here for about 10 years before they took up carp fishing again. Is there some sort of mandatory waiting period? Razz

Last edited by blackstonecarp on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:45 pm

give us a thought, the venue of choice on sunday has produced 40lb fish!

Posted Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:49 pm

weldinghank

haha, key word being "has" not "will defo"

Posted Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:51 pm

with that much acreage, you know there is room for more than 1!

Posted Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:53 pm

weldinghank

40 peaks my interest,i have caught several low thirties back in the uk so 40 is the next target to break. I sent Eric a pm.

You guys ever do any nights or weekend sessions?

Posted Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:41 am

Yeah I do a bunch of sessions..mainly longer, usually 10-12 hours with a few 24-36 5tossed in for good measure Wink

We run a website dedicated to catch and release carp angling that you may enjoy. It is anything really fancy but it gets the job done to showcase our videos etc.

We had a couple of good night sessions lately like these two: The first 5 minutes of the first one is a charity message for a UK based Blog group Back of the Landing Net

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwgHKhXnPjU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg9qlKVZyc4[/youtube]

They will at least give you a little bit of an idea of who I am anyway so you know your not going out to meet some crazed git!

Posted Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:40 am

This web page seems to be a few years old, but it gives some good information on carp. Most of the ponds and lakes they list are north or west or Boston for some reason.

http://www.angelfire.com/ma3/carphuna438/vmass.html

Posted Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:32 am

my gear is all packed,new line,see you in the morning bright and early

Posted Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:15 pm

Great meeting you bud..looking forward to more fishing..and hopefully fish lol Very Happy

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 am

blackstonecarp

Great meeting you bud..looking forward to more fishing..and hopefully fish lol Very Happy

thanks Eric,had a great time,gotta get back over there for another session

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:34 pm

Hey Liam, I live right around the corner from you in Rockland. I would love to hook up with you fro some carp fishing. Has anyone tried the Taunton River?

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:51 am

frogman

Hey Liam, I live right around the corner from you in Rockland. I would love to hook up with you fro some carp fishing. Has anyone tried the Taunton River?

Hi,i have not tried the Taunton,are there carp in there?

I will probably head for lake quinsigamond again in a couple of weeks(tied up next weekend)
Seems there are some good fish to be had there as long as you don't mind putting the time in.

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:00 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links