All I can say is "Super Tough Bite"!!! We had a very solid field of accomplished anglers who found the bite very tough. 18 boats, blue bird skies with a slight breeze resulted in low weights for all except the Team of Brian Wheeler and Matt Allen who reeled in 15.10lbs as well as tournament Lunker at 4.04lbs.

2nd Place went to Mark Fraga and partner John who pulled in 9.67lbs

3rd Place was Steve Cravenho / Mike Anderson with 6.87lbs

4th place Deron Nicholas/ Larry Ferreira with 5.88lbs

Allen and Wheeler apparently found the fish unlike the rest of us, Holy Crap!! Both boys also won Best Hair as well.

Great job to all and thanks for spending this beautiful day on Wequaquet. Our next tournament is scheduled for October 26, 2014 at South Watuppa

Posted Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Glad to hear it wasn't just me. I dumped mine figuring I had no chance (I didn't), but I guess it's nice knowing it wouldn't have been a total blowout...well, at least with 3rd and 4th place. Haha. I lost some decent fish, though, which stings a bit.

No surprise Matt and Brian won. Crazy good, those two. Congrats to everyone who placed. And thanks for hosting! =)

Posted Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:27 pm

How I felt yesterday.

Posted Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:25 am

I couldn't even get a pickerel to bite yesterday! 11" fish though...no problem...

Posted Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:02 am

Threw everything I had to get 2 keeps caught them both in 6 inches of water. Couldn't keep the picks and dinks away. Saw a nice school of 3 pounders cruising a weed bed they were feeding on micro sized bait.

Posted Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:54 am

Yeah, the fucking pickerel were ridiculous. I caught them everywhere, even caught three in 20 feet of water on a drop shot. Pffft!

Posted Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:48 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links