Wow! That guy is a beast! He crushed their record!

Good luck to everyone trying for pins this year, and congrats to Aquaman!

Posted Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:09 am

Yeah, Thanks everyone! I'm planning to go for my third one! lol

umm..... 445 trophy fish in an year... I got late head start? haha. It is possible but nowhere near to this guy. If i keep going on perch, sunfish, I probably will crush it. But nah, I like the challenge... Maybe I should crush this year....

Posted Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:39 pm

Oh boy! I'm getting anxious after see people getting pins from left to right. Should be interest year. Cool

I'm haven't fish yet and no pins for me. In other hand, I met someone who has 4 pins already. Unsure which its for. weight pins or C&R pins.

ohhh, can't wait for April, or whatever day when open water is open. Twisted Evil I'm already figured them out.... Twisted Evil Very Happy

Posted Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:45 am

Wachusett Res is scheduled to open in a little more than a month....whats the chances it opens on schedule??

Muskie, You out there????

Posted Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:29 pm

Prob not likely dr. Odds r couple weeks late.

Posted Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:52 pm

lets bring this thread up again.. who got pins?! I got few. nothing exciting.. except sunfish. 1.4lb. i had to weed through multiple 12-15oz sunnies to get that elusive 1lb sunnie! Didnt went fishing much as I wanted to do. (three jobs) So, when I get back to normal job in September. I'll trying to focus this game again.

so, start talking, I would love to hear your stories or catch.

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:55 am

I would love to see pic of that sunfish. That is a toad!

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:04 pm

I got a 3lb 3oz rainbow at the chu on opening weekend. Caught it on a smithwick jerk bait. I also caught a pickeral a few casts later that was close to pin weight. BUT I also got Lyme disease. Freaking ticks.

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:21 pm

I got 3 and 2 more should be on their way

Posted Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:29 pm

Do most guys who go for pins do catch and keep or catch and release? I haven't caught a pin fish yet since I've learned about the program, but would personally probably stick with catch and release unless I caught a pin sunfish or pickerel or something like that. But which do other people do?

Posted Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:40 am

We had no choice til this yr. 1st yr of catch n release. My 1st pin was last yr my laker was going to die so had to keep it. Otherwise I would have let it go. Like to give someone the same joy of great catch like I had.

Posted Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:15 am

Buy a good scale, and take it to your City's Sealer of Weights and Measures (a department in most town halls, or you may need to go over a town or so), and have him certify it. Costs like $20.

Now you can weigh any fish and not have to kill it and bring it to a bait shop to be weighed. Killing a fish for a pin is low, unless you are going to get the fish taxidermied already or eat it.

Killing a pickerel or sunfish over that size is also a waste. You may not like pickerel, but they are native to MA and bass aren't. When one gets over 3 or 4 pounds, it's a trophy fish and a good fighter.

The catch and release program is also a great addition to the program.

Posted Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:52 pm

Fisherman - nice bass. any picture of Larry and sally?

Posted Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:41 pm

I caught a 5lb pickerel fought better than my 7 lb bass.

Posted Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:31 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links