I want to swtch it up this year. Instead of chunking at Plum Island in The summer with Mackeral or Herring. I want to stalk the shores of the Merrimack with Spinning Tackle and soft Plastics (senko worm type)
Where are some good spots to fish from the shore or wade, In the Merrimack valley area. I assume Rocks Village is the place. I will be heading their tomorrow to try my luck with the Shad. I eventually want to be able to pack light with a side pack of tackle and my rod and cover the shores. Any help would be much appreciated. And if possible I am looking for some ideas on different soft plastics to use. Ideally I would like to use something weightless like a Senko Worm with 12#/15# line on a 9 foot spinning outfit.

Thanks in advance

Jason

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:16 am

WOW, not one reply Jasonspaz?

I live in Haverhill and just joined this forum. I would love to learn about triped bass fishing in the area as well and was psyched when I saw this post but then bumbed when no one replied. Maybe this will bump it up and we will get some hits.

If you have any insight since you started venturing out please share. I am very new but want to learn and get out there.
Thanks

Harpoon

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Lunker City Sluggos would be a good chioce in 6" or 7" probably

Posted Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Good call Meat, you can even put those on a jig head to make them look more like a swimbait if you feel like. My bosses friend who is a commercial fisherman uses these when he's not flyfishing for them.

Posted Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links