I bought a license

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:47 am

Besides a rare case of a few trout sticking around and breeding, it's a pipe dream. Right around 1900, Carp and Brown Trout were stocked in the Charles River as a food source for recreational fisherman. Carp were stocked once. Brown trout anually for a while.

I'll catch at least a dozen, huge carp in the Charles this year. I'll catch 0 trout in there. I'll catch loads of white catfish too... They were stocked once.

I visited the trout hatcheries in western MA. They're fish-tird farms. Every nice hold over trout costs thousands of dollars and dead thousands of dead trout.

As far as less-than legal immigrants go... They are not the problem. Un-damn the rivers, brooks, and streams. Sea-run trout will spawn near you in the Charles's tributaries in Milford, Franklin, etc... You can catch eels in every part of the Charles that spend some time in the ocean...

I should start a new topic and get off my soap box.lol

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:53 pm

What kind of trout was the 6.5lber out of ash? Bow or Brown?

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:53 pm

i'm really surprised you didn't see any at JP. they're usually all over the place since it's so easy to catch people.

i believe some hold over at JP as well.

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:53 pm

samf

i'm really surprised you didn't see any at JP. they're usually all over the place since it's so easy to catch people.

i believe some hold over at JP as well.

Fished every day over the easter weekend, Tuesday morn also, same guys, same time, no EPO's. My emails went unanswered, called yesterday, told dispatch where, when, who, asked "can you just go out and check at least one day?" Respone was "sure, sure". They seem very disinterested.

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:59 am

what a rainbow! Actually to me doesn't matter if they end up as food source for other fish. Have you noticed that some of the biggest bass come from trout stocked lakes n ponds? Not just a coincidence. So if they are making bass grow faster an added bonus. And unless pond is shallow if it has enough depth there will be hold overs. I'm sure some of this fish manage to hide from predators.

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:43 am

yeah trout fishing is pretty homo. better off fishing for self sustaining fish. like bass , catfish, and carp.

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:06 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links