Well it looks like Monday (columbus day) is going to be a good day to get out and do some fishing for trout. I have the day off and can put off some of my school work for a while in order to get out and catch some fish! The Mass wildlife have not posted that any bodies of water have been stocked with trout for the fall, but I am banking on the fact that they are just lazy and not updating their website. Hopefully I will see some other MAFFers out there, but not too many... I am sure Houghton's pond will be crazy busy with fishermen on Monday, but hey no risk no reward. Any suggestions for best bait/technique to use at Houghtons pond for trout?

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:17 am

Depends on your style of fishing. If you like to run n gun throw an inline spinner, spoon or small jerkbait. If you like to stand around and watch your line, then toss out some Powerbait Exclamation Laughing

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:02 am

I think I fall into both of those categories haha. I am definitely going to be throwing some spinners like panther martins and spoons. I also will use some powerbait with a split shot sinker to get it down to the bottom but allow the bait to float up a bit. I am not against sitting down and watching the line go tight. Sounds like a relaxing way to spend and early morning off of work. Cheers!

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:32 am

I fished for Carp at Lake Quinsig this morning, saw alot of either Salmon or Trout jumping out of the water. Not sure if they just stocked it or not, but it was busy. There was no one else.......

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:46 am

If you go to the listings of water bodies on this page, it shows the trout stocking locations. you will notice some names on the list are underlined, those underlined locations also get stocked in fall. so you can determine which places have been getting stocked this past week or so, it just doesn't specify what day each is going to get stocked like they do in spring. happy fishing and best of luck!

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/fishing/trout/trout_stocked_waters.htm

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:57 am

muskiebigfish

I fished for Carp at Lake Quinsig this morning, saw alot of either Salmon or Trout jumping out of the water. Not sure if they just stocked it or not, but it was busy. There was no one else.......

Damn! Wish I could've been there this morning too! The trout are just begging to be caught. Hope they didn't get in the way of your carp fishing.

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:28 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links