Try a juhr jensen supa duper only lure i cast with and troll catch everything on them

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:49 pm

If trolling use a DB smelt spoon. Can't beat it. They work well for trout of all kinds and salmon.

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:53 am

Congrats! Very Happy Still looking for my first

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:27 am

I have good luck in ponds when I use a 1/2 ounce weight, a swivel, leader, size 12 hook and a chartruce berkly power egg not the dough. Good Luck!!! Hope i could help.

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:57 pm

I always kill it with a bubble bobber and a fly with the bobber4-6 feet in front of the fly. Don't use it much anymore but found it worked a lot better then a spinner

Posted Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:09 pm

I agree on the Mepps and Kastmaster. Go with the smallest ones. Trout have very small mouths but are killers. If your see bait fish jumping, that's a trout.

Trout like cold so if it's hot out, go deep. Those clear bobbers from Cabelas you can fill with water are good to control the depth if the bottom is weedy.

When everyone is fishing bait, I fish little mepps and kastmaster. But, for freshwater i don't like to just sit. That's for saltwater inshore fishing

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Best and easiest way to catch trout(mostly rainbows)take slip sinker (the ones that slide up and down line) and tie on I like no 10 hook just right for 2 power eggs put split shot under slip sinker 12-16inches and bait will float use this set up with meal worm and marshmallow salmon eggs and marshmallow.White or Chart green I find best power egg colors I usually do one pole power bait other with lures all suggested above work well I've had luck with watermelon Thomson buoyant(spoon)as well good luck it's easy once you get the hang of it power bait feels almost like cheating I find it much more satisfying catching them off lures just don't have as much luck lol!

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:57 pm

I primarily catch trout on the fly...cant seem to catch them on spinning or bait-casting gear. i kill them at long sought for pond in west ford. i mainly use small woolly buggers or ghosts

Posted Thu May 03, 2012 4:47 pm

I primarily catch trout on the fly...cant seem to catch them on spinning or bait-casting gear. i kill them at long sought for pond in west ford. i mainly use small woolly buggers or ghosts

Posted Thu May 03, 2012 4:48 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links