was out there earlier this week and only managed to get something chase and poke at a sebile magic swimmer. what are you guys using to get the trout at Spot? was going to try some gold spoons this weekend.

Posted Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:41 pm

I was thinking about checking out Spot tomorrow morning. For as close as I live, I've never fished there. Where do you park? I see on the DCR website that I can park at stone zoo. Was just wondering if your cars ever been bothered by cops or whatever

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:52 am

you can park at straw point, in the zoo, or by the rent-a-boat launch area. i've parked at all spots and not been bothered at all.

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:59 am

Awesome thanks

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:11 am

there only trout in spot ?
im looking for steelheads or salmonz

but would be up for a last season trout stroll there a public boat ramp

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:41 am

Salmon? try cochituate, caught an 18lb salmon there few years back in the middle of december right from the boat launch, on a shiner.

Posted Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:32 am

Ive had luck with rooster tails and power bait at spotrecently. I always park at the boat rental area but you can park anywhere during the day: boat rental area, zoo or the parking area near the intersection of friendlys and the gas station. Just don't park there after dark. They will ticket you or maybe even tow you.

Had the best luck mid day. Trout are close to the shoreline.
good luck

Posted Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:27 am

Gold spoons are a good choice. Also inline spinners and small jerkbaits Exclamation

Posted Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:24 pm

WTF. so i had 3 rainbows i could see following my gold spoons and gold rooster tails today. they kept nipping at them.... no take. oh man, it boils your blood when you can see them follow it in, in clear water.

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:22 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links