Doesn't seem to be much difference. I doubt they are repackaged as I bought a pack of about 25 for roughly 2.50. Seeing the Gama's go for 5+ I dun see how they'd make money. In the end it is the style that works for me, I am sure many companies make similar things. I end up using fly tying hooks for much of my fishing anyway as they make some very good style hooks outside of the typical bass styles found most every shop near here.

Posted Fri May 11, 2012 8:31 pm

The Troutbeads.com hooks are selling for $5.99 plus shipping for 25.

Gamakatsu C14S hooks are selling for $5.39 plus shipping for 25 from Jann's Netcraft.

I might be able to purchase local somewhere in the $5+ price range for 25 count.

So if they are functionally similar I will just get a size 8 similar to the Gamakatsu C14S.

Thanks for your advice.

Posted Fri May 11, 2012 9:54 pm

if they keeps steeling your bait, try power eggs, not dough, dough seems to fall off very easy. power eggs are much harder for the trout to pull off

Posted Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:29 pm

I fished with trebels for years until 2 years ago a game warden showed up made everyone reel in thier lines and checked .basically told me its ilegal to fish with em now I argued the point with him that its only 1 line and 1 hook and they sell a trout set up that comes with a treble on it .he wasn't hearing it said if he sees us using them again he can fine us so be careful.but to be honest with ya the only differance I see is that more fish live using a reg hook or in my case a circle hook.Your basic set up should be like 4-6 lb test with a egg sinker or slip sinker on the line then I use a real small barrel swivel as a weight stopper and to keep the line from twisting all up.then ill run a piece of mono same 4-6 lb test as a leader usally about 18" depending and then a small circle hook.j use power eggs ..u gotta make sure your bait floats or h might as well forget it .check out my pics I have caught plenty of trout if u need anymore pointers hit me up ....good luck.

Posted Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:30 pm

I fished with trebels for years until 2 years ago a game warden showed up made everyone reel in thier lines and checked .basically told me its ilegal to fish with em now I argued the point with him that its only 1 line and 1 hook and they sell a trout set up that comes with a treble on it .he wasn't hearing it said if he sees us using them again he can fine us so be careful.but to be honest with ya the only differance I see is that more fish live using a reg hook or in my case a circle hook.Your basic set up should be like 4-6 lb test with a egg sinker or slip sinker on the line then I use a real small barrel swivel as a weight stopper and to keep the line from twisting all up.then ill run a piece of mono same 4-6 lb test as a leader usally about 18" depending and then a small circle hook.j use power eggs ..u gotta make sure your bait floats or h might as well forget it .check out my pics I have caught plenty of trout if u need anymore pointers hit me up ....good luck.

Posted Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:31 pm

Please do not start any rumors..it is not illegal to fish with trebles..there are better ways to fish, but they are not illegal!

Again for reference:

FISHING PROHIBITIONS

Explosives
Jug, toggle or trot line fishing.
Lead Sinkers, Lead Weights, and Lead Jigs Weighing Less Than an Ounce. Any sinker or weight made from lead that weighs less than 1 ounce, and any lead jig (meaning any lead-weighted hook) that weighs less than 1 ounce, is prohibited for use in all inland waters of the Commonwealth. The term lead sinker shall not include any other sinkers, weights, fishing lures or fishing tackle including, but not limited to, artificial lures, hooks, weighted flies, and lead-core or other weighted fishing lines.
More than two hooks for fishing or more than five hooks when ice fishing. A hook is defined as an angling device attached to a fishing line which is designed to take one fish at a time but is not limited to devices commonly called spinners, spoons, bait harnesses, lead head jigs, or plugs.
Possession of: Sturgeon (all species), American Brook Lamprey, Atlantic (sea-run) Salmon, Bridle Shiner, Burbot, Eastern Silvery Minnow, Lake Chub, Longnose Sucker, and Northern Redbelly Dace is illegal! If caught, release immediately. This means remove hook or cut line and return fish to water immediately—do not pose for photographs, place on a stringer, hold in a net, or delay in any way the immediate return and release of the fish to the water.
Poisons
Releasing fish or spawn into inland waters, except by permit.
Rubbish in inland waters.
Sale of freshwater fish without a permit.
Snagging
Transporting live fish (except bait for personal use) without a permit.

From http://www.eregulations.com/massachusetts/huntingandfishing/general-fishing-regulations-advisories/

Not illegal, that simple. If someone told you it was they were wrong. Always have the Ep dispatch number on hand to call and get a sergeant to clarify an officer in the wrong.

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:37 am

blackstonecarp

Please do not start any rumors..it is not illegal to fish with trebles..there are better ways to fish, but they are not illegal!

Again for reference:

FISHING PROHIBITIONS

Explosives
Jug, toggle or trot line fishing.
Lead Sinkers, Lead Weights, and Lead Jigs Weighing Less Than an Ounce. Any sinker or weight made from lead that weighs less than 1 ounce, and any lead jig (meaning any lead-weighted hook) that weighs less than 1 ounce, is prohibited for use in all inland waters of the Commonwealth. The term lead sinker shall not include any other sinkers, weights, fishing lures or fishing tackle including, but not limited to, artificial lures, hooks, weighted flies, and lead-core or other weighted fishing lines.
More than two hooks for fishing or more than five hooks when ice fishing. A hook is defined as an angling device attached to a fishing line which is designed to take one fish at a time but is not limited to devices commonly called spinners, spoons, bait harnesses, lead head jigs, or plugs.
Possession of: Sturgeon (all species), American Brook Lamprey, Atlantic (sea-run) Salmon, Bridle Shiner, Burbot, Eastern Silvery Minnow, Lake Chub, Longnose Sucker, and Northern Redbelly Dace is illegal! If caught, release immediately. This means remove hook or cut line and return fish to water immediately—do not pose for photographs, place on a stringer, hold in a net, or delay in any way the immediate return and release of the fish to the water.
Poisons
Releasing fish or spawn into inland waters, except by permit.
Rubbish in inland waters.
Sale of freshwater fish without a permit.
Snaggingl
Transporting live fish (except bait for personal use) without a permit.

From http://www.eregulations.com/massachusetts/huntingandfishing/general-fishing-regulations-advisories/

Not illegal, that simple. If someone told you it was they were wrong. Always have the Ep dispatch number on hand to call and get a sergeant to clarify an officer in the wrong.

listen dude I didn't say it was epo stopped by one day and checked all our lines not just mine the other 15 people that were there too so as far as spreading rumors NOT!
Just passing along the info I heard I could care less what he uses

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:50 am

I was just simply sayin what the warden told me.as far as your copy and paste about fishing regulations I said the same thing pretty much to him as u posted so maybe u should double check your info on it.I was just tryin to save him and the fish .like I said I don't really care what kind of hook he uses

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:58 am

My copy and paste is the law. There is no arguing with that, it is the law that the EP's enforce..straight from their office. I know my information. The problem is people constantly post "it is illegale blah blah..so and so said blah blah" which spreads misinformation to the general public.

In the above is the link to the Mass rules on fishing and what is not legal..if your ever stopped by an Ep, call their dispatch and have them confirm it for the officer..they will do it, trust me.

I understand what you are saying, what I am saying is..check your info before you simply post something as if it is fact..when it is obviously not.

And if you check these forums you will see that I cannot stand trebles..hate that people use them..but, I will not claim that people cannot use them, just that there are better methods.

There was another discussion not long ago about the use of corn and it was claimed that an EP told people they could not legally use corn as bait. ..The problem here is that, if this is indeed true in both cases, then there is a rampant ignorance among the officers and people need to know the facts not here say. If someone did a google search about trebles, this website would eventually come up and this post would say..trebles are illegal..and so ignorance would spread.

I hope you understand what I am saying. I am not being disrespectful to you in anyway but this is how rumors start..so again, please do not start any rumors lol. Check your info before posting about the legalities of things, it just helps keep our system a bit less convoluted.

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:48 pm

blackstonecarp

My copy and paste is the law. There is no arguing with that, it is the law that the EP's enforce..straight from their office. I know my information. The problem is people constantly post "it is illegale blah blah..so and so said blah blah" which spreads misinformation to the general public.

In the above is the link to the Mass rules on fishing and what is not legal..if your ever stopped by an Ep, call their dispatch and have them confirm it for the officer..they will do it, trust me.

I understand what you are saying, what I am saying is..check your info before you simply post something as if it is fact..when it is obviously not.

And if you check these forums you will see that I cannot stand trebles..hate that people use them..but, I will not claim that people cannot use them, just that there are better methods.

There was another discussion not long ago about the use of corn and it was claimed that an EP told people they could not legally use corn as bait. ..The problem here is that, if this is indeed true in both cases, then there is a rampant ignorance among the officers and people need to know the facts not here say. If someone did a google search about trebles, this website would eventually come up and this post would say..trebles are illegal..and so ignorance would spread.

I hope you understand what I am saying. I am not being disrespectful to you in anyway but this is how rumors start..so again, please do not start any rumors lol. Check your info before posting about the legalities of things, it just helps keep our system a bit less convoluted.

lol way to fuuny AS I POSTED I READ THE ABSTRACT RULE TO THE EPO OFFICER there will be a change in that by next year on use of trebles.so unless you are a epo officer I would be willing to say he is correct.happy fishing!

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Meh, I won't argue it, the facts are there and you can believe what you want. The truth is it is not illegal. Simple. I just want that on here for reference when people look it up and see your ramblings.

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:50 pm

blackstonecarp

Meh, I won't argue it, the facts are there and you can believe what you want. The truth is it is not illegal. Simple. I just want that on here for reference when people look it up and see your ramblings.

I would rather have em see my rambling than listen to a kno it all and get a ticket for using treble hooks like I said happy fishing

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:20 pm

I agree they are legal they sell them as trout hookups at bait stores.Just no need to use them should do just fine with single hooks forget the dough use the eggs if u have dough left just press ends of it to shaft of hook should help it to stay on.

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:04 pm

The use of Treble hooks is not illegal at this time as per the posted law on mass wildlife.

Pikedaddy’s post about an EPO intimidating 10+ anglers to cease fishing using a legal fishing method is a problem on many different levels.

The fact that people of privilege can literally get away with murder in the state of Mass undermines the public trust in state government.

So when an EPO unfairly makes a claim about the use of a particular angling method being unlawful that too undermines the public trust in state government.

Which is why Blackstone’s statement about getting the name and badge # of the EPO is important in these situations because there are people who impersonate law enforcement and have committed crimes while in uniform.

We the people authorize representatives to government to carry on the business of government, thus we consent to be governed. When something arises that undermines that trust in authority it is incumbent upon the people and the representatives to restore that trust.

We the people must not abdicate our authority in participating in the government and the rule of law to which we have consented to be bound. For if we allow injustice to persist then tyranny will take the place of the republic and we shall descend into the slavery that we all should abhor.

Which is why we must maintain vigilance in addressing “small things” like this for little things add up.

Posted Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:58 am

thorn168

The use of Treble hooks is not illegal at this time as per the posted law on mass wildlife.

Pikedaddy’s post about an EPO intimidating 10+ anglers to cease fishing using a legal fishing method is a problem on many different levels.

The fact that people of privilege can literally get away with murder in the state of Mass undermines the public trust in state government.

So when an EPO unfairly makes a claim about the use of a particular angling method being unlawful that too undermines the public trust in state government.

Which is why Blackstone’s statement about getting the name and badge # of the EPO is important in these situations because there are people who impersonate law enforcement and have committed crimes while in uniform.

We the people authorize representatives to government to carry on the business of government, thus we consent to be governed. When something arises that undermines that trust in authority it is incumbent upon the people and the representatives to restore that trust.

We the people must not abdicate our authority in participating in the government and the rule of law to which we have consented to be bound. For if we allow injustice to persist then tyranny will take the place of the republic and we shall descend into the slavery that we all should abhor.

Which is why we must maintain vigilance in addressing “small things” like this for little things add up.

I couldn't agree more I was just letting u guys kno what was told to me and others at south pond one day.the warden that told us that is pretty much one of the only epo's in the area so basically for the sake of argument with him I cut my trebles off and been fishing single hooks ever since.it really doesn't matter to me my sucess rate is the same either way .I will say that a lot more fish get released on single hooks than trebles.I'm not sure if the part where I pulled out my abstract from my tackle box was overlooked here in the convo but I read to him exactly what is written in it.and as far as them selling the setup he said eventuality they will be pulled from the shelves but at this point they continue to sell em.its not that big of a deal as far as badge numbers and whatever else I could have asked for now I'm a Target because I or we didn't follow the soon to be rule.

Posted Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:18 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links