Hey guys, so as the next kayak tourney is at the ponkapoag and ive never been there im planning a trip saturday morning. spend a couple of hours fishing and checking it out. if anyone would like to join, lets bring our yaks and do a little recon =)

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 7:00 am

Terrible parking and launch! Hope you have a cart. Last time I went there I broke a tie rod end. It would be nice if they would at least fix the road and parking areas!

Posted Wed May 07, 2014 5:24 am

Thanks for the reminder, Don Very Happy

I would also recommend all participants bring a cart because it's about a 50 yard haul down a rutted gravel road to the launch, no vehicles allowed.

Posted Wed May 07, 2014 6:22 am

bloomagoo

I would also recommend all participants bring a cart because it's about a 50 yard haul down a rutted gravel road to the launch, no vehicles allowed.

My cart totally broke down on the way back up to my car last year. It's a rough trip to/from the water with a yak.

I think I need to practice using my cart again, I think that was the last time I used it Smile

Hopefully the wind isn't too bad either.

Posted Wed May 07, 2014 8:09 am

I was planning on doing the same thing. So I guess I will see you there.

Can t miss me Ill be the shady looking guy who looks like he hasn't shaved in a week

I hope my homemade pvc pipe cart can handle the job.

Posted Wed May 07, 2014 8:19 am

bloomagoo

Hey John I was over there hiking a couple of weeks ago and noticed they had cut down some trees around the parking area. Maybe they actually are going to make some improvements! It certainly does need some!

Posted Wed May 07, 2014 12:17 pm

bassin420

I was planning on doing the same thing. So I guess I will see you there.

Can t miss me Ill be the shady looking guy who looks like he hasn't shaved in a week

I hope my homemade pvc pipe cart can handle the job.

so bassin420, what time are you heading there? pm me

Posted Wed May 07, 2014 7:50 pm

If you guys see the russians with their white buckets and 15 rods, tell 'em you're bringing your "boys" down to mete out some justice.

Posted Thu May 08, 2014 6:09 am

The white bucket Russian army can not be stopped! They are every where. However, they are horrible fisherman with their 12 foot poles from 1962.

Posted Thu May 08, 2014 7:56 am

the white buckets from Houghton's pond got caught this weekend. When I was leaving all the gear was being taken from them.

Posted Thu May 08, 2014 9:52 am

Happy! Laughing

Posted Thu May 08, 2014 10:17 am

Good- bust em' all!

Posted Thu May 08, 2014 10:17 am

thelucky

The white bucket Russian army can not be stopped! They are every where. However, they are horrible fisherman with their 12 foot poles from 1962.

The ones I see at Ponki were setting up trot lines last year using live bait and keeping EVERYTHING! I called the ranger station but didn't stick around to find out if anyone ever caught up to them.

Posted Thu May 08, 2014 10:20 am

I have seen references to the "white bucket brigade" a few times now on this site. What are those guys trying to catch usually?

Posted Thu May 08, 2014 10:25 am

bassin420

What are those guys trying to catch usually?

Everything and anything. With no regard for licenses, legal sizes or limits.

Posted Thu May 08, 2014 10:27 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links