By the looks of it people would be pounding that place for it's smallies, trout, salmon?? Bet it's got a fair share of lunker largemouth.

Probably a good thing it isn't. Although i always wonder if people sneak out to places like that with a small boat or something at night???? Anyone think the same?

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:23 pm

You might get taken out by a predator drone if you went out on that place in a boat heard fish and wildlife just got a few

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:25 pm

It's the only place I have seen in the state where they are out in force.

They were out in the boat between 3-4 Am on opening day making sure noone was on the property before it was time. Had to see it to believe it, but sure enough, they were there shining their lights along the shoreline. Definitely don't play games there. They made us all reel in our lines to check our weights.

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:29 pm

So make sure I cheech and Chong in good cover

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:31 pm

I was there today. The waters still high. Down a bit from last week but not much. Gate 8 was ok. Gate 10 you could walk but at some points you had to get up on the sand walls.

B&A had plenty of craws today...

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:49 pm

What's the best way to fish live craws, right on the bottom or under a bobber? What do they run, dollar a piece?

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:04 pm

They are usually cheap 5-6 for a buck sometimes depends on his mooods hahahaha I hook them in the side back of the Tail and a smaller hook than normal for me. I have been known to try some crazy things with them, 2 on a hook same time, with a bobber when no drop off is around and free ball them in the deep. I have even learned how to float them on top of the water...ssshhhhhhh secret Maybe to you Shawn!!!! You asked a year ago about that, remember.....

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:51 pm

I do. I don't use live bait. Was mostly curious. But I've been thinking of Sunday morning at the Chu all day

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:54 pm

It would be an Honor to have you play, you might scare off some of the New guys hahahaha I'm suprised they come back with me for that matter hahahahaha It's a go for Sunday, we will start the walk about 418 or so, Like you have said in the past "The early Muskie gets the..." hahaha
I will have a bucket of Kivas and Crawfish. Hopefully a couple of Yellow Striped Candy also!!!!

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:02 pm

ok I'm in. I know you told me before but I'm not sure which of my rods would be ideal. 7'11 H swimbait rod? 8' flipping stick? I always have all of my rods in the car anyways.

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:04 pm

were we will be the water drops fast and deep from 5 - 75 couple of shelfs at 35-40 and then again bring them both hahahha I would use 1 for live bait in the dark and cast the other or use both live in the dark and switch 1 when the sun is comming up I'll have the set ups and weights so you dont have to worry about that either. I had Boag Hog make me some just for the Res and the Quabbin, wait till you see these babies, Brass eye's with the Logo!!!! But I earned me shirt.. hahahahah

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Done

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Awesome I will give the directions to ya later, could have about 6 guys anyway, Autographs around 7am hahahahaha sorry

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:30 pm

Bring your cameras boys!!!! LOL!!!!

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:31 pm

Do you know any bait shops on the south shore that have craw fish

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:26 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links