So I'm looking to buy a digital camera to take along with me in the kayak. I carry my cell phone in my pocket, but it's not ideal for snapping pics of fish, and I'm afraid I'm going to lose it in the kayak (hence, I don't have a pic of the lunker I caught two weeks ago).

I have thought that it would also be ideal if I could submerge the camera and take pictures below the water surface so I could later see what's under there where I caught a fish. Especially in Spy Pond where I have been fishing lately, where the water is very clear and there are beautiful weed beds all over.

I don't want to spend a whole lot of money, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any experiences or suggestions for waterproof cameras.

Cheers,

Posted Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:29 pm

Water proof ones seem pretty hard to come by. I know they're out there though. The only thing about the waterproof ones(the ones I've seen anyway) is that they tend to be bulkier than the non-waterproof ones. As long as that's not an issue for you, that is the safe route to go if you plan on bringing a camera kayaking.

Posted Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:58 am

if you already have a camera, or can find a good, affordable one, you might be able to just buy underwater housing for it. i think they work kinda like those disposable waterproof cameras - just a regular camera wrapped in a water proof plastic box with buttons.

Posted Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:28 pm

they sell water proff bags on ebay not sure how good it is. like 20 buck

Posted Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:51 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links