cinemod

Yeah its one of my favorite spots, full of carp and smallmouth bass and no one every fishes it so they hit on anything i throw out there. Its super easy to get to, theres a gate on the bridge that walks down to a canal where there is a walking path. Theres a small fence on the left that ends 20 feet down the path, and theres a small rocky patch down to that spot under the bridge. Theres about 1/2 a mile of beach you can fish leading all the way to the university bridge.

Nice, I can even see it on google earth! Do you park in the franco club or somewhere else?

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:24 pm

I park down the street along the river, theres an ice cream stand called orchard hill or something next to umass south campus, that parking lot is for the state park thats right there

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Yo weldinghank,

Im gonna hit up that spot tomorrow i usually go early around early afternoon so I caN spot them through the water, ive seen some 20+ lb carp swimmin in there lately gonna try to land one tomorrw, lemme know if ur gonna hit it up ill show u how to get down there

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:27 pm

going to try my 2 spots in methuen this afternoon as the merrimack is seriously blown out.

Posted Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Skunked :sadface:

Posted Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:22 pm

weldinghank

bare meadow pond and hills pond in Methuen,ma. they are back to back and TEAMING with huge carp. One of them in bare meadow has to be 35+ inches.

I live in Methuen! I have fished Hills Pond and I have no idea where Bare Meadow Pond is Well, I fished the one on Milk St with the guardrail as I saw tons of carp cruising the surface! I'm assuming that is Hills Pond. I got skunked there, though. I have a lot of luck in Haverhill. I don't catch many but when I hook up they are usually in the 15-20 lb range. We should do some fishing sometime!

Posted Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:22 pm

The one by the guard rail on milk st is bare meadow pond. Hills pond is to the north of it a little walk through the woods next to the post office.

Posted Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:27 pm

weldinghank

The one by the guard rail on milk st is bare meadow pond. Hills pond is to the north of it a little walk through the woods next to the post office.

What Post Office? Is Hills Pond behind Bare Meadow Pond? I am confused lol

Posted Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:30 pm

Just up the road from bare meadow is a brick/white building, that's a us post office. Yes hills Is kind of behind it through the woods.

Posted Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:33 pm

I still have no idea what Post Office your referring to. There's a post office on the other side of town near Dick's TV and an annex at the Howe St Superette. lol

EDIT:

I just had to do a little recon mission after dinner! Yeah it's to the right of Bare Meadow pond. I will be going there tomorrow! There were a bunch of tires in there which is unfortunate but I saw lots of activity!

Posted Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Just got 2 in the last couple hours out of lake quannapowitt. 8 and 11 lbs respectively.

Posted Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links