i am assuming by the total lack of posts from you guys here in the carp thread,
that we are all in the same boat.....
the Carp right now just dont seem to be biting.....
i have pulled out the occasional one but very few and very far between.
even the Sudbury has dried up for me.
but they did let in an aweful lot of water upstream,
maybe when it settles down a tad.
but i will be out there again in the morning to see if things are getting a lil bit better.
good luck and tight lines all.

Posted Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:04 pm

I've been staying home. I just ran into a wall and I figured I'd wait it out. I got the yard cleaned up and the basement straightened out. so maybe I"ll get out this weekend.

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:12 am

I see carp all over the surface, and churning up the bottom of a couple of the local ponds. can't get a single one to take any of my offering no matter how much free food I throw out there. I would like to figure out what they are feeding on right now so I can use that...

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:12 pm

weldinghank

I see carp all over the surface, and churning up the bottom of a couple of the local ponds. can't get a single one to take any of my offering no matter how much free food I throw out there. I would like to figure out what they are feeding on right now so I can use that...

Hi Weldinghank,
where? what ponds are you refering to?
there doesnt seem to be any action at all around where i am.

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:23 pm

bare meadow pond and hills pond in Methuen,ma. they are back to back and TEAMING with huge carp. One of them in bare meadow has to be 35+ inches.

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:29 pm

i saw a couple of big carp churning up the bottom along the shore line of brookline reservoir the other day. i through some corn his way and waited, nothing, no takers.

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:22 pm

I haven't had any luck at Brookline over 4-5 tries.

Posted Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Been having luck all over...though I haven't got out as much as I wanted to recently, blegh. Just banked another great 20+ out of Rhode Island last night in fact..next few months are gonna be fun as well as they start fattening up.

In the next few weeks we gonna have to get those ponds Welding!

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:29 pm

I lost a nice high teen yesterday near shore, they are starting to hit again better, should be a great 3 or 4 months coming up!

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:56 pm

blackstonecarp

In the next few weeks we gonna have to get those ponds Welding!

I went out there yesterday, the west winds had them all over the shoreline. Jumping, turning up bottom, but still couldn't get them to take corn, boilies, bread or even the night crawlers I had.

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:49 am

I also can't wait for them to pull the docks out at the lawrence boating program on the merrimack. It was such an awesome spot in the spring before they started boating. I got 2 huge runs there within 1 hour one day, both snapped me off. Then the boats came and the carp ran away. the whole spot seems like a good wintering spot for carp so it should be interesting.

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 am

Ive been catching a crazy amount of carp! I'm guaranteed to land about 2 to 3 big ones every time i fish for em! Been fishing for em in the Merrimack River in lowell, theres probably 3 or 4 spots I fish for em and eveytime I can spot atleast 10 to 20 swimmin around. Only thing ive ever used to catch em is french fries!

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:52 pm

cinemod,

I see where you are fishing, but i don't know how you got down there. I also see why there are alot of carp there, that waterfall is super oxygenating the water making them very active and hungry Smile

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:57 pm

Yeah its one of my favorite spots, full of carp and smallmouth bass and no one every fishes it so they hit on anything i throw out there. Its super easy to get to, theres a gate on the bridge that walks down to a canal where there is a walking path. Theres a small fence on the left that ends 20 feet down the path, and theres a small rocky patch down to that spot under the bridge. Theres about 1/2 a mile of beach you can fish leading all the way to the university bridge.

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:02 pm

I hope those french fries have no trans-fats in them - the state will send the health-food police out after you. Very Happy

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links