lol.. Don't go over to the other side,,,,
Very Happy

Posted Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 pm

i don't mind what i fish for i just want to catch something before i go back to Ireland the end of may. and it would be good to get some species we don't have in Ireland

Posted Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:31 am

well...in that case, you have to shoot for some stripers and blues on a fly rod....they are a blast!

Posted Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 am

if only time was not a problem i would do everything, and again locations are also problems i have no idea where to go fishing for all these species, with the evenings getting longer i might get a couple of hours when my wife gets in from work but first i need to do lots of reccee's to figure out the spots to go

Posted Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:49 am

Had a horrid trip to the Quinebaug River. It is located southern mass, into Ct. Personally Ct can have the river. Although the flow was very nice the river itself was filthy, the one trout i caught had zero stamina maybe caused by lack of oxygen. Save yourself the time, dont fish it

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:12 pm

I don't know wht I try other rivers when im only 40 minutes from the Swift River. I went south of the bridge just above the first set of rapids. Started off with a Dunn and was perfect on my fly choice. Water was stunningly cold and crisp with little other surface food. An occasional green worm floated by. I landed one Rainbow avg size, but had to switch off my leader system to a 1 piece tapered leader as I thought that knot from the tippet was spooking these fidh. I have always thought that the fish in thus river are smarter and have seen all sorts of tricks. Next time I would love to try a copper\hopper tandem for kicks, but overall awesome fishing

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:46 am

michcru

i parked just next to the bridge and walked up the left hand side of the river. 4 + 6 might be easier to control than an almost 2 year old. the first thing i did when i arrived in MA was get my fishing licence. and hints on what fly is good up there?

I find #20-22 Midges work great, throw them just before the pool and let it drift into it. Make sure to stay behind the fish. Smile

Posted Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:42 am

charliep

well...in that case, you have to shoot for some stripers and blues on a fly rod....they are a blast!

went to the ocean caught nothing tough

Posted Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Where did you try? Make sure to hit the moving tide, and watch for feeds...if you see birds diving in, or fish busting at the surface, that usually means there will be stripers around!

Posted Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:19 pm

ya we went to crane beach not a sign of fish

Posted Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:56 am

any good spots in the north east for fly-fishing??

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:05 pm

michru,

it is a little early to hit the north shore for stripers. i think your best bet would be to head to the cape for early season action. they start showing up late april and by the second week of may you should be to find them easily. early season i have gone with chartreuse over white clousers on a sink tip or sinking line. a straight shot of 20 lb. test is all that you need for a leader. when the blues show up...don't lip them like a bass lol.

charlie

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:24 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links