So I thought it would be fun to get to know everyone a little better as I have never formally introduced myself to the forums.... I have fished a few of the car topper tournaments, and am looking forwards to the 2015 lineup.

My name is Dave and I am currently pursuing a BS in Biology and plan on pursuing a career in Environmental Police. I have been fishing off and on for a while now (casually), really into it for the past few years (bass fishing, tournaments, etc.) and learned how to fish on baitcasters, so that is really all I have used since I started fishing. You should see me try to cast a spinning setup

So what do you do?

Posted Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:59 am

im mike. been fishing for 22 years but just started getting serious into bass fishing a few years ago. before then it was small lures an ultra light rod 8lbs test catching anything that swims

now its braid, pitching,froging, punching. jiggin, chatterbaiting and texas rigging plastics. dont do to much cranking or spinnerbaiting. the ponds i fish mostly are full of pickerel and weeds. this upcoming season its swimbaiting.

Posted Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:10 am

i do everything. lakers at the resi, smallies on the cape, larrys everywhere, stripers,cod, flounders on the salt

Posted Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:11 am

I like this idea for a thread Very Happy

I'm Troy, and I'm currently working in law enforcement. The job sometimes has long and bad hours, but I do get plenty of breaks, and opportunities to travel all over the state, both of which give me plenty of opportunities to fish Very Happy

I really fish for everything in freshwater. My favorite way to fish is with fly gear, and I am on local rivers at least 150 days a year casting flies to trout. I also throw flies at every species I can. But I also love bass fishing, primarily targeting big bass with big swimbaits. I fish for carp with my "euro style" gear, catfish on the bottom of anywhere muddy, and pickerel and pike as well. I enjoy catching a 5 inch brookie almost Very Happy as much as catching a 18 inch brown trout.

And I don't discriminate with methods, I have no problem throwing live bait for bass or Powerbait for trout. Now this said, I do prefer to fish artificials, with flies being the most fun.

The one thing I don't do is saltwater, but I'm giving that a shot next season. And lakers in the Wachusett.

Posted Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:02 pm

Well message me in the spring if u want to hit the chu sometime. I love me some lakah fishin!

Posted Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:54 pm

I'm Gary, 23 years old, and I fish for just about everything - bass, trout, lakers, carp, and this year I even tried out the salmon game. I fish with my father a lot and over the last couple of years we've both gotten really into ice fishing which has quickly turned into my favorite form of fishing. I work for Verizon as an account manager/sales rep. It's not exactly what I'd call my dream job but it pays the bills and gives me the flexibility to enjoy my favorite hobbies.

Along with fishing I thoroughly enjoy hunting. I mostly hunt for turkey and deer but this year I'm planning on taking a trip to try my hand for wild boar and maybe a bear if I can find the time.

Posted Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:34 pm

badlarry

Well message me in the spring if u want to hit the chu sometime. I love me some lakah fishin!

I might just take you up on that offer Very Happy

Posted Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:22 pm

I'm bill, I've fished many years for stripers on the Merrimack river and plum island, also deep sea for cod and haddock, also fished a lot for salmon,lake trout,and rainbows on winnipesaukee and Sebago.when I was a kid I fished sam rayburn and Toledo bend, my dad was from that area in texas. so now i'm getting back to my roots bought my first bassboat this year,bassfishing is a lot harder then I remember ha ha .the fisherman on ma.fishfinder are great and always willing to share their knowhow with us less experienced fisherman. just don't bring up senko it starts a shitstorm,lol

Posted Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:46 pm

I'm Mark, 26 years old, and I loved to fish for everything that swims. I have seasonal job, in which, explained why I can fish so often. Big fish is better suits for me. After all, I'm angler of the year winner! haha Anyway, I'm mostly fishing on shore for freshwater and sometimes on canoe/kayak when its necessary. While on canal for surfcasting and on the boat for fishing. Bottom line, I'm 99% for catch and release on all of my fish. (trouts and perch will be dinner.)

My favorite place to fish for trouts is at Chu.
For the Basses, anywhere that has lily pads or dropoffs.
Carp/shad is at CT River.
Panfish is at spring season only. (Yellow perch during ice fishing (perch fry))

Fact about me: So far, I have been caught between 124-127 species of fish. Im not sure the exactly number, need to go back to re-count the number of fish that I caught. (Muskie, False Albacore, squids, and channel catfish was caught this year.)

This year, I promised myself to catch 10+ lbs bass or gold pin. Whatever chance that I can have luck with.

Small goal to catch one at this year (pins):
Carp
White catfish
Channel catfish
Shad
Walleye (50/50 chance)
Northern Pike (50/50 chance)
Tiger Muskie (high unlikely)
Broodstock salmon (50/50 chance)
Laker (50/50 chance)
Pikerel
Brookie trout
Tiger trout

Posted Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:52 am

I'm Batman

Posted Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:50 pm

I'm Dave have worked in groc business full time for last 26 yrs. As a kid I fished for everything but my teen yrs developed a fondness for trout. Figured anyone could catch a bass but trout so skittish n not in many ponds. Though I still think trout r the most beautiful of fish(especially brookies) I caught big fish fever when fishing for salmon n trout caught 7lb larry. Now I spend most of my time going after big fish with the chu being my fav smallie n lakah hole.

Posted Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:08 pm

I'm Mr. Awesome. Just ask Batman

Posted Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:03 pm

they call me the riverrat and I endorse this post.

Posted Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:12 am

kman

they call me the riverrat and I endorse this post.

Imposter

Posted Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:17 am

Let's see...name's Ken. Day job is in the IT field. I'm also a writer, editor, and publisher (http://www.shocktotem.com). Um...I like to fish, too.

Posted Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:45 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links