The talk about trapping shiners fired me up for ice fishing!!!!
Who is ready for ice fishing!!!!!!!!
Last year sucked

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:16 am

I am very excited for ice fishing....because I've never done it! So what does a guy need to go ice fishing anyway? Are any bodies of water that we would legally fish in the summer fair game in the winter?

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:19 pm

bcodkind

I am very excited for ice fishing....because I've never done it! So what does a guy need to go ice fishing anyway? Are any bodies of water that we would legally fish in the summer fair game in the winter?

5 tilts or 4 tilts and a jigging rod,depth sounder,Sled, hand auger/power auger/chisel and your good to go.
Most waters work just as well in winter as summer.
I'll give ya all info needed but you can also go to www.iceshanty.com
this is a great ice fishing site. Guys are secretive mostly about their pike but all in all good guys.
Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd like to think i can help in this area.

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:51 pm

DAMN YOU JIG MAN!

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Muskie and the Boys are Ready for the ice!!!!!!!
Almost time to stock up on Kivas and Golden Pond Shinners
Good we miss the ice....

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:25 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

DAMN YOU JIG MAN!

Now that's funny!

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:52 pm

muskiebigfish

Muskie and the Boys are Ready for the ice!!!!!!!
Almost time to stock up on Kivas and Golden Pond Shinners
Good we miss the ice....

I have wanted to catch my own golden for a while and haven't done it yet. Small hook and worm?

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:53 pm

OH I AM READY FOR THE ICE! There are no dimwhits on jet skis, tubes and ski boats. Just dimwhits on 4 wheelers, sleds, and feet.

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Haven't been since I was a teen but Muskie promised to show me how its done!

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:03 pm

jwall046

5 tilts or 4 tilts and a jigging rod,depth sounder,Sled, hand auger/power auger/chisel and your good to go.

You forgot flask bottle of Jim Beam, or your famous ginny bucket or whatever it was called, haha.

Posted Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:02 am

I agree with Ted....whiskey is a must out there on the ice! Jay covered the essentials and yes I'm excited for a solid couple months on the hard water. Bring a golf club and a few balls for ice golf too....it's a blast! I'll be hosting a boone tourney for sure!

Posted Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Awesome!
Can't wait for Boone ice derby!
Hope I can attend!

Posted Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Does MAFF have Ice Fishing Derbies also?
We would be done with that Helll Yeah
Bring on the ICE!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:00 am

muskiebigfish

Does MAFF have Ice Fishing Derbies also?
We would be done with that Helll Yeah
Bring on the ICE!!!!!!!!

They sure do
If you run em

if i have time for one I'll organize one. Considering my kids play sports year round my time is more and more limited for now.

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 am

Muskie and the Boys form Central Mass will travel. Hell last year we put on 1500 miles just to Ice Fish. That would be great Sounds like it would be a great time. Please give us Ice for Christmas this year, please!!!

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:33 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links