I would be very happy to have a winter like last year, even milder Exclamation I'll take the open water over the ice anytime. But, if we do get safe ice this year I suppose I will have to suck it up and get out there Exclamation Laughing

Posted Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:26 pm

I cannot wait for some ice-fishing this year! I am from NH originally and we always went out and fished for smelts in a smelt shack on the Exeter river. Do people in MA use "bob-houses" or is it more like jigging over open holes?

Posted Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Only when the ICE is thick enough SOOOOOON I heard they got ICE in the Bershires hahahahahaha

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:34 am

btownbub

I cannot wait for some ice-fishing this year! I am from NH originally and we always went out and fished for smelts in a smelt shack on the Exeter river. Do people in MA use "bob-houses" or is it more like jigging over open holes?

I use pop up shelter if cold or windy. But not much jigging is done. Drill 5 holes and set-up 5 tilts and maintain. Very Happy
Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:19 am

5 holes, man, it's more like ICE trolling for us. We turn a pond into swiss cheeze following the fish. And we use "The Ice Cube" when it's windy or below zero. zero and no wind isn't that bad...if they are bitting hahahahahaha Your hands do get cold then

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:24 am

muskiebigfish

5 holes, man, it's more like ICE trolling for us. We turn a pond into swiss cheeze following the fish. And we use "The Ice Cube" when it's windy or below zero. zero and no wind isn't that bad...if they are bitting hahahahahaha Your hands do get cold then

Works for me! Cool bring the ICEEEEEEEE!

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:36 am

Shame on you! We still have plenty of open water, breath enjoy it.

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:20 am

we had plenty of open water last Ice Fishing Season....

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:44 am

How sick are all of us? Talking about Ice fishing now, you'd think we got robbed of our season last year or something...The best thing I caught last winter was this web site! That's not true, but we drove a looooooooong way to get on a glacier! Just think, the places that never froze last year must have some hungry fish! wink wink! Is that an auger I hear?

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:48 pm

vvvrrroooaaaammmmm 25 holes in 5 minutes not bad

Posted Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:49 am

I haven't been ice fishing since an uncle took me out a few times as a teenager. Definitely at the top of my to-do list this winter! If anyone wants to show an enthusiastic noob the ropes I'll bring the whiskey. haha

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:13 am

Any nice spots to ice fish your way? If we get ice this year we will travel..

Last edited by muskiebigfish on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:37 am

Travel ?
I'll post the fish for a cure derby on Sabattus pond, Maine.
Good day for a great cause.

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:04 pm

angler21

I agree with Ted....whiskey is a must out there on the ice! Jay covered the essentials and yes I'm excited for a solid couple months on the hard water. Bring a golf club and a few balls for ice golf too....it's a blast! I'll be hosting a boone tourney for sure!

i,m so ready, that i had to fire up both augers today, nice sound, ready for the ice......., had to travel to nh last year for ice.... boone sounds great!

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:53 pm

jwall046

The talk about trapping shiners fired me up for ice fishing!!!!
Who is ready for ice fishing!!!!!!!!
Last year sucked

BOOOOO NOT ME!!! I SUGGEST A STATE WIDE BAN ON ICE!

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:16 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links