What accomplishments would you like to get done in the 2009 freashwater season?

I'd like to get better with jigs and cranks. Fish more new waters. Fish with some more Mafishfinder members. Up my PB's ( personal bests ) to 6lb with largemouth and 6lb with smallmouth. Owe, I dont do much salt, but a keeper for a striper would be good to. got a 22 inch 5 pounder last year. Go Fish

Last edited by mikeyc on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Good question Mikey!

Im looking forward to my first year of tournament fishing as a Co-Angler with the Avid Anglers.

Definately want to learn dropshotting, jigs, and be more comfortable with crankbaits, and soft plastics.

Upgrading some of my gear(rods, reels, etc.), and baits. Cant wait till the Tru-Tungsten Tru-Life 4" Swimbait are available.

Also would like to beat my personal bests of:
-Larry 4lb
-Sally 1lb
-Striper 24.5 inches 4lb 10oz

Also, at the very least Id like to get a canoe or a jon boat or something so I can get out on the water and not be stuck on shore.

4 Months till my first tournament! But who's counting. LOL

Posted Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:36 am

Come down to plymouth with me Meat. I know I can get your smallmouth over 2 to 3 lbs maybe bigger in a trip or two. I can get you that at Bloody from land, never mind if we go to some other spots with my crawdad. Will try for spring before the price of gas goes back to $4. Very Happy

Posted Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:01 pm

I 'l like to continue to increase my inventory and continue to expand my knowlege in fishing both fresh and salt.

This past year was enhanced by MAFISHFINDER. Thank you.

Posted Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:55 am

Sounds good Doug. We'll have to go out to my striper spot again. This time lets not ruin 2 phones an a camera Very Happy

Posted Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:12 pm

man i would really like to catch some lunker trophy trout out of the most rivers i can fish with some out of the ordinary baits the i dont normally use.

also would like to get dropped off a some point of a river, hike up it catch my dinner for a good week-end , then head back. "survival style" ..

Also catch my first true brown

Posted Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Sounds good Troutluster. The drop off triop idea sounds fun. What do you mean by true brown? Very Happy

Posted Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:08 pm

I would love to fish with some of you fine folks this year. I also am after beating my biggest larry or 6.3lbs
it's comming.
and i'm with you meat more trips on the water.
it's almost here boys!

Posted Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:07 am

This seems like a good time to revive this thread!

My goals are pretty humble: After not having fished for close to 20 years, last fall got me really into this childhood hobby of mine. Sadly, it was so late in the fall that there wasn't much time left to fish and I was limited to a slew of sunnies and a few rainbow trout.

My lofty goals for this year: Catch my first bass, large- or smallmouth; Catch something on an artificial lure; Become capable with a baitcaster; learn what a bite feels like on a jig/plastic; and meet some new people along the way, some of whom are hopefully willing to put up with me asking a ton of questions =)

Posted Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:46 pm

Sounds Good Michael. Ask all the question you want thats what gona get this board goin.

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:46 pm

Go Fish Come on everyone this is something everyone should have something to post! Open water season is just about here. everyone want to do certain things they didnt get done last year or try new ponds, techniques, new gear, Fresh, salt, land or boat.

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:16 pm

I would like to Beat my personal best of 6-10 for a large mouth,and would like to catch a 5 or 6 lbs small guy.Basically i want it all,the bigger the better,but won't be picky any fish is a good fish.I would like to also Do a bit of Saltwater fishing,seeing how i live on the Cape,I'm 10 minutes from the Canal,and very close to about 6 beaches,all within 10-20 min.And to try a different pond every week.It's nice too cuz i live 2 minutes from snake pond,so i have no excuse not fish every damn day.Yee,Haw

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Oh yeah,Like Johnny said,to fish with some of the Fine Folks of MA Fish finders.

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Yes Mikey, I would like to use jigs more for smallmouth fishing. What I've seen it's good action. I would like to hit more locations, ones that I have not fished. Yes I agree a six pounder would be nice, how about 8 or 10 pounds, now thats an accomplishment. I feel 2009 is going to be a great season not only for fishing but meeting new people, learning some cool new tricks. Good luck to everyone this fishing season, I hope it's a great one.

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Jigging for smallies. I got to do better at that myself. I want to learn how to dropshot for smallies too. Paully we know where to go for that 5lb smallie. Wink
I definitly want to fish more places with you guys. An we got to get some get together for Ma Fishfinder. Tourney or maybe meet at the canal for some stipers.

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:52 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links