bassmonkey21

Sadly no smallies, however there are isolated populations of larger than average spotted bass. Start by hitting way back in the creeks. Check ledges, submerged roadbeds, sawgrass and bullrush. Always note the times when the hydro-electric dams do the thing where they release lots of water, there's sure to be some toads stacked up there. Or sometimes they'll suspend 15 to 20 feet deep, usually over a 150 to 200 feet of water. and if all else fails, follow those huge schools of shad.

Huh???

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:05 am

I was just joking. my buddy and often joke about how 90% of the advice in Bassmaster magazine doesnt apply to any massachusetts water. I was hoping he would see the post.

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:42 am

I have not fished there in a few years; never had much luck. They did some dredging a couple years back, but from the posts it seems the fishing is the same. I have often heard that tere are tigers in there though I know nobody who has ever got one. A friend of mine goes th3re for carp and swears by the place. I live in the area and only shore fish so there are much better options close by. The people watching, however, is top drawer.

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Tigers were in there back in the early to mid 90's. Around '94, the state record at the time for Tiger Musky came from there. It was caught through the ice.

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:13 pm

That place is great for eye candy

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:35 pm

Boooo! lol I thought you had some local eye candy in the video. hahaha

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:03 pm

Shawn loves himself too much to video anything other than himself!!! HAHAHA

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:21 pm

I'm no creep. At least I haven't figured out a way to video them without creeping them out.

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:05 pm

meat7gtk

I'm considered eye candy

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:06 pm

meat7gtk

he made a video of me once...

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:54 pm

samf

meat7gtk

he made a video of me once...

Wow, so many different ways we could go with this gem! haha

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Hahahaha

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:46 pm

shawneramone

I'm no creep. At least I haven't figured out a way to video them without creeping them out.

Northshore has. Come to our seminar and we will share a few tricks.

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:35 pm

kman

shawneramone

Northshore has. Come to our seminar and we will share a few tricks.

I hear Roger is an expert

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links