Late afternoon on days that were sunny I usually find them near rocks along the shoreline. Rocks hold the heat from the sun and make warm spots. It can take wellinto the evening for them to cool. I like a carolina rig with a small worm, 5 or 7 inch, with a worm float. Fish real slowly and the worm will stay a few inches from the bottom. Adjust the leader length and float position to keep it where you want it.

Posted Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Late afternoon on days that were sunny I usually find them near rocks along the shoreline. Rocks hold the heat from the sun and make warm spots. It can take wellinto the evening for them to cool. I like a carolina rig with a small worm, 5 or 7 inch, with a worm float. Fish real slowly and the worm will stay a few inches from the bottom. Adjust the leader length and float position to keep it where you want it.

Posted Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Thanks for all the tips guys. I didn't get out this weekend, because the weather was brutal where I live. Kudos to anyone who did go fishing this weekend, that's hardcore. I'm planning on hitting a deeper, rocky pond next weekend. From the tips I've gotten, I'll be fishing a jig.

Posted Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:16 pm

the hardest part this time of year is finding them. when you do figure the pattern out, it can be lights out. i went to a relatively clear pond in w. MA saturday. 41 degrees, 50 degree water, with a few snow flakes then 20 mph wind and rain. absolutely slayed them on jigs then spinnerbaits. they were stacked up in small areas.

Posted Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:57 pm

That is why I stick to mainly shallow ponds this time of the year. There are only so many places they can go! Laughing

Posted Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:41 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links