If you are fishing from shore try burrage pond hanson. we were just talking about it In another thread you won't find a better place to fish from shore. Or try Robbins pond in east bridgewater/halifax. Look at it on Google Earth there's access through a cranberry bog with alot of shore access. Both of these places are shallow and perfect for this time of year. Just beware of duck hunters at burrage I am one of them and it sucks having someone start fishing 50 feet from your decoys haha. Not a bad idea to wear orange with all the open seasons right now.

Posted Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Duck hunters at Robbins too!

Posted Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:55 am

thanks guys! its looking like it will warm up a little next week!

Posted Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:36 pm

took at look at the Google Maps, looks pretty swampy, where is best access point?

Posted Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:57 am

Are you talking about Burrage? If so the main entrance is off Pleasant St. There is also access to the smaller ponds off Elm St. I wouldn't venture into the woods this time of year though, it is open to deer hunters!

Posted Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:34 am

Went out to Burrage Pond. I got skunked, even with shiners! But place is really cool and has a lot of potential. Saw some pickerels popping up to the surface once in a while, but the bite wasn't really happening.

You were right about hunters, a duck hunter was hiding in the bushes and started popping off shots about 25 yds away.

Place definitely has some serious potential, I will be back.

Posted Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:50 pm

Ponds should be skimmed over prettygood this morning! Crazy stuff, 50 on Sunday and Monday! Rolling Eyes

Posted Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:59 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links