thelucky

indk617

thelucky

purpleturkey

I took the kayak toStetson Pond in Pembroke yesterday and got skunked.Went out with bro in-law today in bass boat on The Nip in Bridgewater and caught 1 dink bass.

I was on Stetson today and caught somewhere around 25-30 fish. Most were pickerel or big crappie, and maybe 8 bass. Never been there before, but the other lakes around there were packed so I thought I would give it a whirl.

Thats an awesome day. What were you throwing? I tried a ton of stuff today and got nothing.

Were you out there today? I was in the 1 man boat. I caught all but 1 fish on a suspending jerk bait. All in about 4-10 ft, and most came from the bank opposite from the launch.

No, I was at a spot in Marshfield and then met some of my buddies at Robbins in East Bridgewater. Not a bit of luck for any of us.

Posted Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:48 pm

the place i fished at is pretty complex. water ranges from 0' to 30' and lots of drop offs, water was between 44 and 46 at one certain cove. tried square bills, jig, jerkbait. not even a nibble... i wasnt expecting to catch anything, i just wanted to go out and try out all the new stuff i got. new yak, camera, lures, rod and reel

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:35 pm

enogueira

the place i fished at is pretty complex. water ranges from 0' to 30' and lots of drop offs, water was between 44 and 46 at one certain cove. tried square bills, jig, jerkbait. not even a nibble... i wasnt expecting to catch anything, i just wanted to go out and try out all the new stuff i got. new yak, camera, lures, rod and reel

I saw you at "the place" you fished yesterday. Recognized the propel, and you in it, fishing a wall in a cove as I was in the BB court on land with friends that unfortunately did not fish. That wall up to the point where the sandbar is holds fish often, as does the marsh area clear across the water in the opposite cove, and the shallow (you might have to lift your propeller to get over the dune to the docks where it deeper) cove around the corner wth all the docks, and, and, and.....but this time of year they are usually still coming up from deep in this place, although you might find some young whipper-snappers holding on warms rocks near the wall. Anyway, the ride looks sweet. I fish this water often, it is complex - watch out for the oversize snappers if you come back they will pull the paddle (or in your case the propeller) right out from under you if you get to close. Also feel free to pull on the nasties (carp) and take 'em home or someplace else before they tear up the habitat...someone has been dumping them here and they've become quite the nuisance unless you're a carp fisherman,...which I just might do soon. Come back when the weeds start growing for a sweet LM surprise. It's small but still complex, but can be very rewarding. Just don't tell anyone. It's a diamond in the rough if you ask me. It would be a sin to let 'em in ehehe. Razz

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:19 pm

tacklesmith

enogueira

I saw you at "the place" you fished yesterday. Recognized the propel, and you in it, fishing a wall in a cove as I was in the BB court on land with friends that unfortunately did not fish. That wall up to the point where the sandbar is holds fish often, as does the marsh area clear across the water in the opposite cove, and the shallow (you might have to lift your propeller to get over the dune to the docks where it deeper) cove around the corner wth all the docks, and, and, and.....but this time of year they are usually still coming up from deep in this place, although you might find some young whipper-snappers holding on warms rocks near the wall. Anyway, the ride looks sweet. I fish this water often, it is complex - watch out for the oversize snappers if you come back they will pull the paddle (or in your case the propeller) right out from under you if you get to close. Also feel free to pull on the nasties (carp) and take 'em home or someplace else before they tear up the habitat...someone has been dumping them here and they've become quite the nuisance unless you're a carp fisherman,...which I just might do soon. Come back when the weeds start growing for a sweet LM surprise. It's small but still complex, but can be very rewarding. Just don't tell anyone. It's a diamond in the rough if you ask me. It would be a sin to let 'em in ehehe. Razz

Oh man great to know, pm me and we can meet up sometime. I do know how that place can be rewarding brother. A buddy and I went there last year a few times and caught very nice ones

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:26 pm

Fished the Town Hall pond in Hanson today. Usually a good cold water pond. Skunked! But I did see turtles for the first time this season. Laughing

Last edited by don51 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:26 pm

I got skunked on the north shore, but I got little bit of a tan so I am fine with the skunk.

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:26 pm

also fished north shore yesterday. 1 pickerel and 1 dink bass

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:16 am

Fished the charles in waltham and all I saw was a bunch of dead blue gills.

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:03 pm

swill17

Same we fished there all morning and afternoon. Saw a couple dead bluegills and only caught 3 fish total :/ tough bite.

Twin coves

@gethookedne

Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:17 am

gethookd

swill17

Same we fished there all morning and afternoon. Saw a couple dead bluegills and only caught 3 fish total :/ tough bite.

Twin coves

@gethookedne

at least you caught something haha. im gonna go out Saturday next, im not too worried because last year the first time i went out on the 18th and also caught 3 fish. as long as i catch something Saturday, ill be happy

Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:18 am

Went out yesterday for a few hours. Caught 2 dink bass on a jig. The turtles are out in force though

Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:17 am

Went to Luddams Ford/Indian Head River today. Supposedly was stocked. Not even one hit! Was a nice paddle though.

Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:45 am

Don51 - I was at indian head river this afternoon after pick my car up from repair shop. Saw bunch of suckers spawning. and PM me if you want exactly location where trout was stocked at this place. Definitely not at upper part. Although, I was anxious to see shad swim soon. really look forward to it.

Posted Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:25 pm

Thanks Mark. Not really a trout guy, went over just to check it out. The shad come up on the other side of the dam don't they?

Posted Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:25 am

yea they do! but i dont know how good the fishing is! ive seen em tho

Posted Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:46 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links