Bite has been slow for a while! Only small fish! With not alot of fish!
But I haven't been hardcore fishing in awhile!

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Haven't been out for a week or so but fished the charles tue and wed. put 20 fish in the canoe each day. nothing big, mostly 2's and few 3's. it is the best solunar time of the month.

I didn't do it, might be a prop??

Last edited by oldfisher on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Geez, I hit the Charles in Millis last Saturday and could only boat 5 bass over 5+ hours, and all the good ones came in the first hour. The water was really low.

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:10 pm

bloomagoo

Geez, I hit the Charles in Millis last Saturday and could only boat 5 bass over 5+ hours, and all the good ones came in the first hour. The water was really low.

thats why its called fishin and not catchin, just kidding ya. I went thru 2 bags of creature baits, thats all they wanted.

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:34 pm

don51

Been a slow start for me this month. I've been out everyday and have yet to get a bass Exclamation May of had 1 or 2 on the line that I couldn't close the deal on. The bite should start to pick up at anytime now as the bass will begin to feed with the cooler water temp.

Do they bite more in cooler waters ? Is this only in deeper water , just cause I fish a lot of shore with my son and today I only caught 2 small Pickerel with grubs only.

Posted Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:42 pm

Yes and no! There will be a brief period where the bass will hit everything thrown at them trying to fatten up for the winter. Once the water temp reaches the low 50's, you will have more luck fishing the shallow ponds.

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:13 am

It has slowed a lot for me in 2 different BOW's over the last 2 1/2 weeks. Fishing Stiles pond and Putnamville, In 3 trips I've caught 3 dinks. I'm marking some big ones deep in 15-20+ ft chasing baitfish. I've been drop shotting trying to get them.

I've also been fishing structure, topwater, shallow,over pads with frogs, spinners, crankbaits, buzzbaits, Senkos, through weed beds, the edges of weed beds, basically anything and everything and I can't catch a decent fish to save my life! Oh well, there's always tomorrow. I'm going out rain or shine.

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:21 pm

I rarely use any baits you listed, 99% soft plastic guy. I have been doing good with creature style baits like brush hogs and beavers, also jigs. you are right about worms though.

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:40 pm

i caught the 6lbser 2 weeks ago on a black and blue chatter bait!!

first and only fish ive caught on it!!!

13 bass up to 2lbs last week on a black and blue jig!

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:46 pm

It's the time of year for jigs and crankbaits. I got out for about two hours this morning and caught a dozen bass with the biggest around 3 pounds. The next couple weeks should be great fishing...with the steady temps and occasional rain, Larry should strike soon!

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:04 pm

We've been catching them all along on frogs & topwater baits. Going out this weekend and hopefully will get some biguns (not Joe Very Happy ). Been catching plenty of 4's and 5's. Will be looking for the "Fat bottomed girls" now!

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:28 pm

If your lake/pond is turning over, that can mess with the fish & slow the bite.

Its been slow for me too. Sad

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:19 pm

deep cranking is the way to go right know ,I have also have had alot of luck with smith rogue suspending jb

Posted Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:23 am

agreed. nice pics you put of of the cranking fish. lew's / dobyn's combo?

Posted Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Thanks I dobyns rods are great I love there cranking rod Im a big fan of fiberglass and graphite combo for cranking

Posted Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:24 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links