Ever since a week and a half ago when it rained for most of the day the bite has really slowed down. Prior to that I had probably my best week of fishing at this local spot I've been killing it with jigs. Nothing seems to be working- spinnerbaits, jigs, senkos, cranks, etc.

The weird thing however is night bassing has been pretty damn good in the very same area from about 12:00 AM to 12:30 when it dies down again... any thoughts?

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:35 am

I've been having success deep cranking (8-12 ft)

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:23 am

Fishing has been on fire for me the last 3 weeks. Best 3 weeks of the entire season

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:58 am

stratos1966

Fishing has been on fire for me the last 3 weeks. Best 3 weeks of my entire life

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:07 am

lhpsnd

stratos1966

Fishing has been on fire for me the last 3 weeks. Best 3 weeks of my entire life

Im just pumped I now have a profile pic like you and uncle Neil

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:15 am

stratos1966

lhpsnd

stratos1966

Superimposed?

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:17 am

shawneramone

stratos1966

lhpsnd

stratos1966

Superimposed?

I am super and I am imposing soooooooo. YES!!

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:44 am

stratos1966

shawneramone

stratos1966

lhpsnd

stratos1966

Superimposed?

I am super and I am imposing soooooooo. YES!!

Game over man. YOU WIN

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:59 am

Every BOW is different. I might go wet a line at your local pond, catch nothing move down the street to another pond and start rippin lips.

It's the summertime funk find a place that works for you. Don't except to kill them at some big BOW with extreme depth changes ranging 40ft+. Best bets for good LMB in the summer no matter what time of day/conditions etc... SHALLOW WATER! Find something less than 125 acres and only maybe reaches a depth of 15ft. Good luck

Also if your pond has decent amount of vegetation, but in the summer has a spot with lots of emergent/submerged vegetation fish there! Like i said every BOW is different, but at my local place all the big bass and pickerel congregate under the sweet weeds FILLED with buttloads of baitfish. Find the bait and you'll be near some lunkers for sure!!

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:20 am

lunkerhunter2366

Every BOW is different. I might go wet a line at your local pond, catch nothing move down the street to another pond and start rippin lips.

It's the summertime funk find a place that works for you. Don't except to kill them at some big BOW with extreme depth changes ranging 40ft+. Best bets for good LMB in the summer no matter what time of day/conditions etc... SHALLOW WATER! Find something less than 125 acres and only maybe reaches a depth of 15ft. Good luck

Also if your pond has decent amount of vegetation, but in the summer has a spot with lots of emergent/submerged vegetation fish there! Like i said every BOW is different, but at my local place all the big bass and pickerel congregate under the sweet weeds FILLED with buttloads of baitfish. Find the bait and you'll be near some lunkers for sure!!

That's the thing about the pond I'm fishing, it's like the perfect combo of all that stuff, after 2 years of searching I found an unreal spot and was killing bass, but as of late has slowed to a crawl... it's just weird that they only come out at night... mostly (movie reference Wink )

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:43 am

Follow the food. Find the baitfish find the fish. Water is warm even for bass maybe thats why they come out at night to stay away from sunlight. All depends on if large lake with deepwater for fish to go.Smaller ponds with less depth have no choice but to hide under cover.

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:57 pm

I've always found August to be a terrible month. I am now looking forward to next month and hopefully, cooler water Exclamation

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:38 pm

It's slowed way down for me, I mostly fish east of 95. Ever since that heat wave they just stopped hitting everything. Only thing I've had luck on lately is shallow crankbaits and senkos, but even on those it's been extremely hit or miss. All of my spots where I was pulling in fish with regularity all summer have really died down. I've also noticed that the ponds and lakes I go to are extremely shallow right now. We haven't had any rain in a while and the shorelines are all exposed a surprising amount. Not sure what effect that might have, but I was out for 6 hours today, caught a ton of salad and not much else.

Posted Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:58 pm

walleyefanatic

It's slowed way down for me, I mostly fish east of 95. Ever since that heat wave they just stopped hitting everything. Only thing I've had luck on lately is shallow crankbaits and senkos, but even on those it's been extremely hit or miss. All of my spots where I was pulling in fish with regularity all summer have really died down. I've also noticed that the ponds and lakes I go to are extremely shallow right now. We haven't had any rain in a while and the shorelines are all exposed a surprising amount. Not sure what effect that might have, but I was out for 6 hours today, caught a ton of salad and not much else.

This was my exact experience, but it's picked up a bit as of late, still nothing like a month ago, maybe a little earlier. Seems the bite dies down really early now, around 6 oclock and they shut down until about 12.

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Been a slow start for me this month. I've been out everyday and have yet to get a bass Exclamation May of had 1 or 2 on the line that I couldn't close the deal on. The bite should start to pick up at anytime now as the bass will begin to feed with the cooler water temp.

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:45 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links