I was looking for a spot to fish off shore for stripers I have poppers/live bait rigs/buck tails/ rubber eels with jig heads i just really need a good spot for stripers any help is great ( I live in boston near west Roxbury)
I would like a spot like a canal but offshore is fine as well

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:47 am

Where?

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:15 am

I'm sure Jessiekay can share a couple spots with you. Some spots that seem popular are Pleasure Bay and UMass in Southie. Do you have wheels?

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:35 am

Yes I do have wheels I am willing to travel pretty far but I'd prefer something closer- and west Roxbury is near Dedham

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:50 am

There are no stripers in West Roxbury

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:47 am

I know that I need to give poeple where I am located so that they can tell me spots for strippers near me

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:55 am

Castle island pleasure bay or up to the flats in deer island

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Thanks on my way to castle island any lure ideas I am thinking a mackerel colored buck tail I also have the long minnows that dive down and some poppers and where on castle island the fishing pier or somewhere else not as crowded

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:35 pm

I go out to the sugar bowl and that area last week I was using Yo Zuri crystal mack few hits but didn't land anything

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:26 pm

By sugar bowl do you mean the water in front of the hockey rink right on that road to castle island and can I fish anywhere on castle island?

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi James,

I like to fish the outgoing at Castle Island...

There is a big outflow and a smaller one. You kind of have to walk around to get to them... I've had decent luck casting on one side, letting the current pull it in, and reeling it to the other side.

I really like a jig or Daiwa SP here...

They were running through Winthrop. Nothing enormous, but the inlets there are definitely worth checking out. Freezing my tail off for a week led to me getting sick which ended my streak, but I did manage to catch a few schoolies and at least a keeper size fish every night.

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:41 am

Thank you I was always told to fish an incoming tide because the bait fish come in but fishing the outgoing makes a lot of sense as well haha i am thinking of going an hour before high tide today I will probably just walk around I have a nice mackerel buck tail 2 ounce with some scented plastics to go on the hook. But you were saying the inlets are good? Do you mean like the inlet in front of the hockey rink on the road to castle island right before it?

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:12 am

So here is where I was thinking you are talking about as far as inlet is concerned but where in the inlet? Would you recomend going right to the head? Or far in the inlet? And what else is there other than strippers? I have 3 bait runners and I'm gunna set them out with some squid.

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:18 am

Are three rods allowed in the salt? My initial reaction was no, but then I remembered that is a freshwater reg. Realized I didn't know the answer for salt.

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:34 am

Yup. That's one of the outflows. There's a smaller one further to the left...

If you are gonna hop the fence, make sure you have korkers or something similar... The rocks are very slippery.

I don't really soak bait anymore. I've seen guys pull in at all stages of the tide there. Clams seem to be the ticket for soaking.

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:41 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links