bloomagoo

All of a sudden these things are filling up fast!

Kayak Trail is popular this year Smile

Soon we'll be hosting a Tournament of Champions and fighting with each other. That's when we know we've made it Razz

Posted Mon May 05, 2014 2:33 pm

im in

Posted Mon May 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Yikes, a full field already!! How did that happen so fast? Gotta keep the field at 12 max. If you want in and missed it, feel free to sign on as an alternate and we'll see if anything changes. If you signed up and later find you can't make it, please post "I'm Out" so others who may want to can get in.

Posted Mon May 05, 2014 4:59 pm

What? That was fast! My fault for not grabbing a spot yesterday. I'll take the first alternate spot, Tom.

Posted Mon May 05, 2014 8:36 pm

Damn, i'll take the 2nd alternative.

Posted Mon May 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Damn. That was fast. Guess I'm in as an alternate. My father, too, if possible. =(

Last edited by kenwood on Tue May 06, 2014 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 12:49 am

hey tomp, i have a suggestion. i think if you (or whoever is in charge of posting the sign up) should have a set day and time. ive noticed that the cartopper guys have a set schedule, every sunday at night prior the tourney.

i think that if you do that as well, it will allow people to have better chances of signing up.

i dont mean to criticize, just giving my two cents on how to improve since kayak fishing has been growing a lot. =)

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 12:50 am

enogueira

hey tomp, i have a suggestion. i think if you (or whoever is in charge of posting the sign up) should have a set day and time. ive noticed that the cartopper guys have a set schedule, every sunday at night prior the tourney.

i think that if you do that as well, it will allow people to have better chances of signing up.

i dont mean to criticize, just giving my two cents on how to improve since kayak fishing has been growing a lot. =)

An official sign up date would definitely make it more fair. I suggest 2 weeks prior only because the kayak trail usually doesn't fill that fast.

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 5:52 am

I'm in for final alternate spot,i shoulda signed up yesterday:-(

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 6:03 am

For the folks that missed it, you guys should get together and have your own tourney.

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 7:40 am

Maybe expand the field to 15 for just this one? With such a high interest it seems like a shame to leave out those guys that missed the signup. I don't know the parking situation or whatever other limitations there are for this BOW but I figured I'd throw that out there.

In my opinion the beauty of a canoe of kayak is how compact they are compared to a big boat even a jon boat. Those 10 man tournaments for the cartopper and big boat trails have 10 teams of 2 so 20 guys total. So thats 80% more fishing pressure and they do just fine.

A few more guys for events like this encourage higher turnout throughout the season as well. I'm sure that like most of y'all that making 100% of the tournaments is a tough deal and it sucks missing one that you can participate in because of a missed signup.

That's my two cents on it. Either way I'll see you boys at Ponk.

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 8:24 am

add me to the waiting list, getting a new kayak tonight and hoping to test it out with u guys on the 17th! agree with themasterg, expand that field !! Smile

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 10:00 am

Well, the early season enthusiasm for these tournaments is both good and challenging! All comments reasonable and appreciated. That said, I've scouted out the location and think it best we stick with 12 max. in this as well as upcoming tournaments as has been done in the past and originally stated. As far as the signup process, original rules post said to watch for Tourney signup 2 weeks prior to event and, after the Stump Tourney, I said to those present I planned to post next Tourney signup Sunday night (as was done) so I think it's been pretty consistent. I don't like to see people shut out and certainly do want to have a fair process, especially considering the level of interest for both new and "old" anglers. The fact is, this is the first time I've seen one of these events fill up this quickly! So, the idea of fine tuning the signup date and time is a good one. Going forward, I will do my best to post the next tourney signup as close as possible to 9:00 PM 2 Sundays prior to the tournament (like this one 5/4 posting for 5/17 event).

If this is an indication of the future level of interest for the Kayak Tourneys, maybe it's time to look for other solutions (2nd tourney for overflow if someone wants to pick that up?). Don't mean to sound heavy handed and sorry for the long rant!

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Seems reasonable to me.

Thanks for organizing these Tom.

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 12:46 pm

any chance a tournament can be added to another south east mass pond such as the nip, or Norton rez, ect. for us south east mass guys?

Posted Tue May 06, 2014 1:58 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links