This will be my 4th year with the FS10 and I love it!!! I fish big lakes,small ponds and rivers and hav had no issues.My fish finder isn't attached right now because I have it rigged for ice fishing but when I set it up again I'll take pics,for a transducer mount I cut a 1 inch wide 12 inch long arm from a milkcrate attached it with a wing nut and bolt on side of kayak,works great I can easily turn it in out of the water,its a very simple cheap money fish finder Hummingbird 160. Last spring I was overweight I was up to 224 lbs and the FS10 handled me no problem,I dunno about 260 you may want to go with the 12 footer.

Posted Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:03 am

purpleturkey

This will be my 4th year with the FS10 and I love it!!! I fish big lakes,small ponds and rivers and hav had no issues.My fish finder isn't attached right now because I have it rigged for ice fishing but when I set it up again I'll take pics,for a transducer mount I cut a 1 inch wide 12 inch long arm from a milkcrate attached it with a wing nut and bolt on side of kayak,works great I can easily turn it in out of the water,its a very simple cheap money fish finder Hummingbird 160. Last spring I was overweight I was up to 224 lbs and the FS10 handled me no problem,I dunno about 260 you may want to go with the 12 footer.

Than will it be better to get the FS10 for my son since he is only 5'5" 155lb and install a Anchor Trolley kit on his kayak , what would be the best way to install this? I have no Rivet Gun and on my kayak I will only need to install 2 other things an that's it will it be worth getting?

Posted Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:13 pm

I had a Future Beach 106 sit in. I had a Lowrance X4 fish finder, gear bags hanging from the cockpit rails, PVC rod holder that held six fishing rods, spare paddle, dry bag and a bunch of other stuff that went with me on every trip. It was my first year fishing in MA after a long layoff and I went all over the place. Changed the configuration of my kayak seems like a million times, bored holes in it and patched them back up. There were no holes bored below the water line and it never leaked a drop. I'm picking up the Ascend FS10 on April 4th and hope to have it configured by the 11th and ready to go when the ice is gone. I know how I want this one configured from what I learned last year.

Posted Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:26 pm

Well it's settle!! I've bought x2 Ascend FS12 for my son and I to fish this summer!!

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:28 am

I got one yesterday.... love it. Installed my fish finder last night. Can't wait to get it in the water.

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:42 am

Awesome enjoy your new yaks maybe I'll see you guys on the water!!! I'll make a video this weekend n show my mostly homemade accessories on my yak,I'm all about lo to no budget add ons!!!

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:25 am

fdw9652

I got one yesterday.... love it. Installed my fish finder last night. Can't wait to get it in the water.

What kind and how did you go about to installing it ,got pic

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:25 pm

I installed the base of a Humminbird Helix 5 right behind the square recess on the "dashboard" and mounted the transducer to a piece of thick plastic (a cut out from a plastic cutting board) and bolted the plastic to the stern of the kayak. It had to be "molded" a little bit to fit the curvature of the stern. I heated it with a propane torch and shaped it to fit. I sealed the edges between the plastic and the kayak with putty and then painted the whole thing. The transducer is about and inch and a half above the keel of the hull. Keeps it from dragging in the dirt when you launch and then get out of the water. It is totally submerged when you are out in the lake. You can run a wire snake through the rear drain hole up past the seat and then pull a piece of string back through it. I bored a hole for the transducer cable through the hull behind the rear handle. Reached through the hole with a pair of bent needle nose pliers and grabbed the string that I pulled through the drain hole. Tape the string to the transducer cable and pulled it through. Mounted a battery in a waterproof box behind the seat. Attached the battery box to the hull of the kayak with HD Vecro. Battery wires and transducer cable are then run under the lip of the cockpit and taped up with gorilla tape (that stuff don't move) and run up through the dashboard to the base unit. The system worked good on my old kayak and I have faith I will have no issues with the set up on this kayak either. I'll post pictures later when all my mods are done.

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:14 am

I just order a Boonedox T-Bone Bed Extender , I know I really could have gone with a cheaper one but driving from Bass Pro Shop with these 2 kayaks in the back of my pick up I would feel better know they would not go nowhere been secured good. I end up driving all back roads to Freetown. I do like the way it's made and can use to haul anything that hangs over my tail gate.
http://www.austinkayak.com/products/15163/Boonedox-T-Bone-Bed-Extender.html
Later will be getting some mounting brackets for a fish finder.

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:11 am

Those things are sweet. I have a 6 ft bed in my Nissan Pick up, with the tailgate down there is only about 2 ft of FS10 sticking out the back. I just tie it down. The bed extender might be worth it it I was hauling a 12 ft'er or two kayaks.

Posted Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:43 pm

I like the way it is build and I can use it also to haul 2x8's, 2x12, sheet rock and ply-wood .

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:40 am

What would be the best tackle bag to get to have up front between your legs for easy reach? I have a BPS 370 and I think it will be way to big and the milk crate idea behind my back makes it imposable for me to reach around to grab anything , I would like to carry small swim baits,crank baits,worms and frogs and hooks I would like to keep them separate would you think x6 360 size or 350 size bag will work? And would buy extra boxes to keep other lures in there own box's and decide what to use the day we go out on the water.

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:58 am

This is what I used in my Kayak last year. It was cheap and it worked good. Pliable enough to get up under the dashboard and carried a load of stuff. It came with some boxes, but I picked up more. I think I stuffed 4 or 5 of them in it and filled the 3 outside pockets with stuff. I tied a piece of paracord to it and the dashbaord of my yak and kicked it under as far as it would go. I just pulled the cord when ever I needed anything. Worked quite well.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31140786&cp=4406646.4413993.4414792.4418212

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:06 am

My first post on this site, so hello everyone. Active member on myfishfinder, and iceshanty. heard good things about this forum, and hope to add some information..
so a couple things to weigh in on here. I bought a ride 135 sit on top and was out yesterday in 34 ish degree water with waders on and was not cold even once. second I purchased a lowrance elite 4x dsi. found it at walmart mistagged for $69! There are more there mistagged too, atleast when I bought mine 2 weeks ago (walmart oxford, ma) then I purchased the optional hdi transducer and used the electricians putty method to shoot thru hull. tested out yesterday and it works great!. I recommend:
*sit on top
*electrician putty to mount transducer
*lowrance elite 4x

Posted Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:31 am

nice deal icehole,
I spend the day going thru my lures to put in my new tackle box I got from BPS
http://www.basspro.com/Plano-1349-Magnum-Tackle-System/product/58108/
and my old worm binder that I've added more plastic lures to have for my yak. Might go out tomorrow to try out our new yaks and cast a few.

Posted Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:09 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links