there is one off the first beach(when you first enter mortens park) to your left if your standing in the beach it comes up to just below the water surface its more like a rock pile. if you go around that point the hole shoreline is rocks and drops to deep water I find fish in the drop of there is a rock hump off the point a little ways witch always produces. When you cross the pond there is two big rock piles one located just before you get to the shallow area. I hope I didn't confuse you lol

Posted Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:22 am

had read it a couple times! yea ut makes since now!

do you catch big bass there or just alot of small bass!!!

is there a lot of smallies???

Posted Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:06 pm

No I have never caught any smallmouth which surprises me because the amount if rocks and water clarity. Yeah sadly i catch a lot of bass in the 1.5 2 pond range

Posted Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:48 pm

i talked to an old timer, he said hes caught some decent smallies!

also talked to a few guys they said they catch some big bass there!!!

i saw a huge bass once many years ago when i was a kid!!!

Posted Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Really we must be missing something! Maybe they go real deep in the summer chasing the trout ?

Posted Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:03 pm

thats what i think!! i think there could be some monsters down deep!!!

id toss a big trout swimbait

Posted Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:41 pm

trout+bass usually means decent sized fish unless you got problems with water quality etc.. I've hear mostly good things when it comes to trout stocked BOWs.. We definitely have northern trout eaters. No way it's a coincidence swimbaits work in almost any waters. With my short, but solid time fishing swimbaits this year I've already learned it's about the right time and opportunity. Throwing 6 and 8" shad-like baits in small ponds riddled with bluegills an perch having solid days with big bites was enough for me. I bet if we had the numbers like CA or deep south of people chucking big baits you'd see some beast fish some-what more often.. Probably only a rare few DD's though if that.

Posted Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:27 am

Large food supply in little pond.Tadpoles,crawfish,trout and various baitfish.I know someone who caught an 8.5 largie there and heard of a 9 or 10 also.I believe these were caught in spring.These guys were trout fishing.

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:52 am

khaskins

Large food supply in little pond.Tadpoles,crawfish,trout and various baitfish.I know someone who caught an 8.5 largie there and heard of a 9 or 10 also.I believe these were caught in spring.These guys were trout fishing.

Thanks If I could ask you given the forage what baits would you recommend using? When I go I stick to throwing tubes, finesse jigs and shakey heads I find success with these lures but they don't produce size just quantity.

Posted Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:27 pm

I'm not a swimbait thrower but I'd toss a small swim bait!

I say a small one cuz you can pull smaller bass and big ones

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:37 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links