Went down to Little Pond in Plymouth this morning with high expectations Exclamation Thought it would be busy with a lot of people having the day off. Was pretty quiet and so was the fishing Exclamation Fished for one hour throwing a jerkbait, spoon and an inline spinner. Not one strike Exclamation Moved down the road to Little South to see if I could entice a smallie. Same result Exclamation The fish must have had a big meal yesterday too Exclamation Laughing

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:24 pm

I went to upper Mystic for 5 1/2 hours with the same results

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Went shore fishing at good spots with plenty of different depth and had 1 hit Sad

I was throwing lipless cranks, jigs, flukes, slow rollin spinners.

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:46 pm

The problem was you needed to go over the bridge. Hit Ashumet pond ( hold your tounge and say that) with great results. Caught some beautiful Trout. That was what we were going for. Changed it up to entice the Smallies had a few strikes and one big hit but didnt land it. Dont know what it was but it was a good day just the same. Water level is very low so if you go there, be careful around the little bushes to the right

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:49 pm

AND FORGOT TO MENTION I THREW TWO JERKBAITS AT DIFFERENT DEPTHS! CRAPPY

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:50 pm

don't feel bad, i went off shore to a spot i just did real good at a few days ago and only caught one small bass. for whatever reason today was real slow for a lot of people as i'm finding out

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:31 pm

i guess i don't feel bad...went out today and caught a limit. nothing spectacular but probably about a 10 lb. bag. took awhile to figure them out but finally did...they were where you least expected them to be, especially on a river. i had to fish very slowly. drag the bait a few inches every 10 seconds or so. even that was probably too fast.

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:47 pm

don51

Went down to Little Pond in Plymouth this morning with high expectations Exclamation Thought it would be busy with a lot of people having the day off. Was pretty quiet and so was the fishing Exclamation Fished for one hour throwing a jerkbait, spoon and an inline spinner. Not one strike Exclamation Moved down the road to Little South to see if I could entice a smallie. Same result Exclamation The fish must have had a big meal yesterday too Exclamation Laughing

i fished there a half a dozen times and only caught fish once. that was late spring last year. i wasnt going trout fishing. i just wanted to catch a fish. ended up with 1 small bass a couple of sunnies and a big raindbow.
i packed up and hit billington sea and caught 5 bass and 2 pickerel in 1 hour.
its hit or miss. i might hit it again with trout shiners soon.

Posted Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:41 am

Went down to Little this morning for one last shot Exclamation Was pretty cold out there even out of the wind. Fished for an hour and half, threw a sinking Rapala, inline spinner and a spoon. Not one hit Exclamation One other guy fishing worms and he didn't get a bite either. Looks like that is going to be it for awhile Exclamation

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Catching perch through the ice up in New Hampshire. Hopefully I will catch a big smally! Ill post the trip when I'm home!

For littles pond go out with some shiners

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:37 am

Ill be back at littles next weekend in my yak!

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:40 am

I don't think so Exclamation Laughing

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Back to the pond this morning. Fished the open pockets, not a strike Exclamation 6 or so trips since the stocking and not a hit, the worse I have ever done there Exclamation

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:27 pm

I went down there last Saturday in my yak.
Was using shiners and tried drop shotin! Wind was bad so I couldn't stay on the spot! So fish rising right before dark!
No fish no hits

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Is it open enough to get my cartopper in? I was thinking Billington would be open

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links