Being an admin for this site is the reason Ill involve myself in this topic, and hopefully resolve any of this nonsense.

First of all Id like to say, This is an amazing site. Some many great contributing members, so much info, and it could be so much more. I must say I wouldnt be half the angler I am today without MAFISHFINDER.COM.

Amongst all the great posted trips, pictures, questions, advice, tounaments, and all around good group of members ranging from "novice" to "many years of experience, there seems to be some issues between a few members(Will and Bullshark). Quite frankly guys I didnt like how you both went about it, Bullshark with your posted Trip, and Will with your Forum post. Moving foward this type of stuff WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

With that being said:

Will...its obvious your a very good angler. You've consistently caught some outstanding fish, and Ill even tell you Im jealous of some of those hawgs you've hooked. If some trip ratings, which in the grand sceme of things doesnt matter, affect you personally, I think thats a shame. I wish you would continue using the site, just dont sweat the small stuff brother. You know your good, dont worry about the others.

Bullshark(Dave)...your a relatively new contributor, and I hope you continue to be. Also I hope you take away as much knowledge as Ive taken. I will say also I hope you heed your own advice of "lets keep it clean", because the "poke the bear, and plead innocent" isnt gonna work. Like I say to Will, dont worry about the others.

Lastly, I hope you all realize how good of a site we have here, believe me Ive tried other sites. Plus this site is so much better without the petty bulls#@t. Lets keep growing this site in the right direction.

If anyone has any issues of this sort, please private message me.

Thank you all for your time,
-John A.K.A Meat

Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:47 pm

I agree, most of us come here to escape drama.

Kman

Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:22 pm

I agree..if anything should be free from crap it is fishing. I personally have no issues with any party involved and I hope it can remain civil round here. I play a few MMo's like World of Warcraft and if I want flames and petty immature kiddies I can go to their forums Smile.

As far as the ratings go, seriously dun sweat em. I don't think people should intentionally try to sabotage someone with low ratings but in the end it doesn't matter...Heck I've never gotten a trip near the top ranking ones and I catch bigger fish then all of you Razz just kidding just kidding...But seriously dun worry, fish and brag and who cares what stars come out of it.

On a side note I will say , and I will not point names and what not, but please do not just make up trips either with tons of fake numbers and such. I like to browse the trips and what not to see where things are happening and having to wade through trip after trip of nonsense is kinda bleh somedays. So all I'm saying is stretch the truth a bit if you want, this is a fishing site after all, but please don't abuse the system and post fake or made up trips.

Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:49 pm

Well put gentlemen. Im new to this site myself and am fully addicted. I enjoy everything about this site from the tips, trips and pictures, to just meeting Anglers and talking fish.

This site should resemble the atmosphere of fishing.....Relaxing, enjoyable, without a care in the world!

As far a false information, i find it hilarious to say the least. You can write down a false weight, but pictures dont lie, most of us can tell a 5 pounder from a 2 pounder. Or in Erik's case a 30 pound carp from a 22 pounder, haha. Both are Slobs to me!!

Angle on gentlemen

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:45 am

John,

Thanks for taking the time to resolve what should have been a non-issue in the first place. I couldn't agree more. As for me posting my concern in the form of a "trip", I only did it as a means of exposing and communicating to as many fellow members the need to keep it clean and to avoid a great web community from evolving into a spit ball fest. It is my hope that no such concerns occur in the future. This site is supposed to be all in the name of fun.

Will, You're obviously a great contributor to this site and you obviously have a passion about it. Here's some advice: It's OK to let others("new comers") have their kudos too. You don't need to feel threatened by others' success. In fact, you should embrace it just as others have embraced your contributions. We're both here for the same reason(again, to have fun). Lets not lose site of that and lets just get along.

To me this is a non-issue and it's a shame this discussion ever had to happen in the first place. With that said, it's time to move on and continue doing what we do best, Have fun and pass along the pointers to our fellow members.

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:57 pm

I totally agree with this post.

William(willluvstafish), as everyone seems to agree, you're a good contributor. However, If you're going to get your panties in a twist over a couple of ratings, maybe you need to go elsewhere. We don't need that kind of drama on this site.

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:00 pm

Guys,

Dave O here from down in CT. I just saw this post, so i thought i'd chime in and throw in my two cents. First off, all you guys are dominating massachusetts fishing. Ive been following your trips, photos, and stories for a while now and am very jealous at the size and number of bass and carp youre catching up there. I have always fly fished for trout and after seeing your trips over the past couple years i am finally taking up bass fishing (with very little success so far). So for all the new and old members of this site, i thank you for being a part of the community!!

Now, I am definately a fan of good competition and appreciate challenging one another. I think we are all here to learn from each other, and I think we are developing a great platform to share our fishing success (and failures) with one another. It seems to me that Will and Bullshark just had a minor misunderstanding with one another. Its obvious we are all passionate about fishing, so like Meat stated earlier lets try to keep it clean and enjoy the site.

If there is anything you think we need to change/improve with the site, just let me know and i will do my best to change ASAP. Remember you guys are in charge of this site. I just host the website and listen to your suggestions.

On another topic, i just want to let everyone know that Tshirts are in the printing press and will be available soon. Were developing a great community, so we mine as well sport the same tshirts!

Dave O

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:55 pm

that's awesome dave, you do a great job on the site and we thank you.

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this site and I've been following the postings for quite some time, specifically this needless post here. Here is my take:

I like, everyone else joined this site for fun. meat7gtk(John), Overall, I agree with what you're saying with one exception:

I understand that moderators have to be neutral whenever possible. While, the trip posting by Bullshark might have been more appropriate as a forum posting, I can understand why the posting was listed under trips. My take is, he was only trying to convey a message(the need to keep it clean) to as many members as possible.

I understand that willluvstafish(William) is a great contributor but it doesn't excuse what he did. It is clear to me that he allowed his ego to get in the way of reason all because of a mere two star rating. William, whether you like it or not, things like ratings are arbitrary and as such tend to be subject to a degree of bias. Maybe there was a legitimate thought behind the rating you took offense to. At any rate, they are to be taken with a grain of salt. There is absolutely no need to take it personal and give someone else's previous trips all one star ratings in retaliation as you are alleged to have done.

Again, you're a great contributor; I've read many of your trips. However, contrary to meat7gtk's(John) point of view, I think you should perhaps re-think your presence in this community(site) if you are going to take something as minute as a single trip rating and totally blow it out of proportion. This is a wonderful site and I've had a wonderful time with it thus far. As Bullshark and meat have said, let's keep it clean.

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:35 am

I think the only way to settle this is a fish fight. Will and Bullshark should each take the biggest bass they've ever caught and step into the octagon. First one to score a knockout or get the other guy to flapout (get it...) wins the battle of the fishing board. I don't think there's any other way to settle this amicably.

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Perhaps it's time to pull this post. Meat/John, While I agree with the message you're trying to convey, leaving this post up does nothing more than allow this issue to take on a life of its own. By doing so, you're no better than willluvstafish who decided to let one petty rating on one trip become this Jerry Springer fest.

Give it a rest already!!!

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:27 pm

OK boys and girls, you're right Troutmaster we've made our point...hopefully. Im not gonna delete this, but I will lock the post up. Lets all use this as a lesson on how easily things can get blown out of wack.

Seriously Everyone, if you have any issues please just let me know.

...Now lets get back to catching some fish! WOOHOO!

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:20 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links