Rich LeBlanc makes sweet swimbaits (Tsunami). People love them. He is a local guy on this site aka stratadouche. Check out his face book picks of them. Makes them to order of your specifics with colors etc.

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:39 am

Does anyone use rago swimbaits? Thinking about picking one up. Im surprised no one is mentioning them in this thread.

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:03 pm

Rago's are made like crap. I had a Rago Soft tool and broke in half on a 4 pound fish. If you watch Big Bass Dreams, Oliver Ngy's Rago trout breaks in half too when hes trying to boat a bigger Bass. If you read the reviews on them on Tackle Warehouse there's only 2 reviews on the Soft Tool and they're both about the bait falling apart. Last time I ever spend 50 bucks on a soft swimbait. I'll stick to 50 bucks for hard baits like Slammers, and Triple trouts.

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Dr - Dont get Rago! that lure are awesome for wall hanger. Not made to be put into fish's mouth. Pick something else for your money.

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:30 pm

I have heard and read about Ragos coming apart. What about Osprey Talon In Lines.... are they any good??

Posted Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:40 pm

I like Ospreys, but I still prefer rip-off Hudds for that price range. Cheap Castaics and Savage swimbaits will get you close in quality to a real Hudd, and you don't need to drop $100 on three baits.

Now's prime swimbaiting season for ya'll! Lets see some pics here when you start catching!

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:08 pm

Bass Pro has Sebiles Magic Swimmer 9"-4OZ on sale for $10...decent slow sinking 3 jointed swim bait...

Posted Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:16 am

Alright, alright, alright.... been seeing a bunch of people catching some really nice fish on big swimbaits..... I have been throwing them this year too - got a giant fish that I think was a Pike up to the boat at Whitehall Reservoir before he through my bait.... other then that, not a damn thing. Now I realize that one picture of a person with a 6 or 7 lb bass caught on a swimbait usually equates to numerous hours, if not days of fishing where there may be nothing to show for it, I accept that.
I get this feeling that one can chuck a huge swimbait anywhere all day long, but are there situations that produce better results, like when you're paddling along in a kayak and you just know you are in a good area to throw a swimbait??

Posted Mon May 25, 2015 3:25 pm

look up tactical bassin on youtube

Posted Mon May 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Damn, why didn't I think of that.... after all Matt Allen lives in New England and fishes these waters every weekend.....

Posted Mon May 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Has anybody caught big fish on these. Do you find a trout profile or a perch/bluegill profile to be better?

Posted Tue May 26, 2015 2:00 pm

baystateangler

Has anybody caught big fish on these. Do you find a trout profile or a perch/bluegill profile to be better?

I've caught big bass and small bass on them. If you're not willing to dedicate a lot of time throwing them, don't let your expectations get too high. You'll rarely catch a lot of fish in one trip throwing swimbaits. Big ones, anyway.

Posted Tue May 26, 2015 6:48 pm

I got double shipped my last month of tackle grab and got 2 river2sea s waver. at 6.5 inches and 1 5/8 oz not super big but still by far the biggest thing in my tackle box.

Posted Tue May 26, 2015 7:49 pm

I've been using a Ms slammer and a black dog lunker punker. I've done pretty well the last couple trips. Lots of big 2 pounders couple 3 pounders. I'm very happy with both. I have the slammer in bass and Perch. I have a spro rat and Huddleston weed less but haven't thrown them much. I would highly recommend the slammer and the punker. This is my first season throwing big swim baits and I'm hooked. Still hunting for the 5 plus this season. My biggest is 4lb 12 oz off a small buzz bait. Go figure. Hahah

Posted Tue May 26, 2015 7:52 pm

did really well with swimbaits prespawn! biggest smallies was 4.2
biggest largie 5.9.

im a rookie swimbaiter, i missed the biggest smallie of my life on a swimbait! at least 5lbs. i saw it hit. i was in 15-20feet of water fishing bottom slowly. saw it engulf the bait. went to set the hook and the drag was to loose!

also lost the biggest largemouth of my life! it was at least 8lbs. i was fishing a 4inch weedless hudd. the hook sets arent to good on em but damn do the fish love em. it had a big clump of weeds. saw it at the surface got a good look at it, and it took another run. POP goes the hook.
i say bigger then 8. cuz it was bigger then 7s my buddy caught that same day not on a swimbait tho

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 7:12 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links