YES!! Finally some good info that I can use. I don't want to know your favorite body of water, just the tactics so I can use them on the water I frequent.
We all have those "intuitions" when it comes to fishing.... lily pads, throw a frog or a worm, stumps and brush, throw a spinnerbait or a jig.... I'm trying to acquire the "intuition" of when to throw a swimbait.... I'm a rookie at it this year, no doubt, I admit it. Thanks for the info - keep it coming!!
Deeper water, drops offs, slow rolling on the bottom..... learnin'!!!

Last edited by fdw9652 on Wed May 27, 2015 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 8:24 am

i think its hard to get fish during the spawn with swimbaits! i havent bass fished much since they started spawing! super pumped for the post spawn swimbait bite! i think its gona be on fire!

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 10:23 am

I have decent success with MS Slammers. Looking forward to using a few other types this season too! Especially some locally made models!

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 10:33 am

https://youtu.be/TNYG8Zqy7j4

This is a youtube video about big swimbaits. U don't have to watch it but it may contain some helpful tips

Posted Thu May 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Go watch YouTube..... that's what I did the whole long ass winter..... Smile

Posted Fri May 29, 2015 11:42 am

Been reading and researching, talking with friends and others that fish the big baits - my big question was always where do you fish these huge swimbaits - I guess it's pretty much wherever bass live. Throw them over deep water, they have the pull power to bring big fish up, throw them shallow, throw them near cover, throw them everywhere!!

Posted Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:23 pm

fdw9652

Been reading and researching, talking with friends and others that fish the big baits - my big question was always where do you fish these huge swimbaits - I guess it's pretty much wherever bass live. Throw them over deep water, they have the pull power to bring big fish up, throw them shallow, throw them near cover, throw them everywhere!!

Yup. Even small ponds.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTH_-JLDgQw[/youtube]

The first pond in this video is tiny. You can see the whole pond in the frame, but I've caught a 6-pounder in there, multiple 5s, 4s, and on down, all on swimbaits.

Around the 1:07 mark I land 4+ on a Slammer. I catch a few small ones later on the same Slammer. (Actually, everything else in the video is small. Pffft!) Near the 4:15 mark there's a cool blow-up on the Whopper Plopper.

So yeah, they work in all sorts of places, for big and small fish.

Posted Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:37 pm

Awesome video Ken.... thanks for sharing!! It's awesome to actually see someone do something you want to do, especially when they are fishing in the same state.....

Posted Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:37 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links