fdw9652

Especially white spinnerbaits with willow leaf blades.... yea, slime darts are a pain in the arse, but I like them better than mudfish down South.

I'ill take bowfin over pickerel any day.

Posted Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:37 pm

samf

I like to target pickerel when I can't catch bass. They love white spinnerbaits.

So you target pickerel often then?

Posted Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:05 pm

As much as you throw a senko.

Posted Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:08 pm

the pickerel were here before the bass!

i dont kill anything if its not bait or dinner

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:31 am

I fish a few lakes up north that have signs out "Keep all largemouth bass over 12 inches and kill them" and "report the catch of any largemouth to a phone number" , does work both ways, listen to the biologists!

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:41 pm

baystateangler

I don't mind a pick here and there every once in a while. I've gotten lucky: I haven't even caught one this season! NOT EVEN ONE! People who I've fished with this year have caught them, but I haven't hooked a single one.

I guess jinxed myself, goddammit.

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:55 pm

I hit a new pond today, got 30-40 bass under 2 lbs, not a pic in sight. so I guess there are ponds where bass completely dominate.

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:17 pm

samf

I like to target pickerel when I can't catch bass. They love white spinnerbaits.

They pretty much like anything in white, including spinner baits.

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:05 pm

4 pages about pickeral! Shocked

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:16 pm

I just released thousands of pickerel across Massachusetts ponds everywhere ! hahaha
Twisted Evil

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:29 pm

That's a solid fish in the picture there. I didn't expect this forum to get so much attention.

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:34 pm

baystateangler

That's a solid fish in the picture there. I didn't expect this forum to get so much attention.

thx had to give that one the man grip and hold away from the Kayak! Everyone likes to talk about pickerels Laughing

Posted Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:00 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links