Thank you ken.

Posted Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:50 am

[quote="khaskins"]I think Mopo will be west side.I've heard that t's were shut down on the east side.Nice to hear from you Jimmy,how's brother Pete I'm in 10 I need to know the dates in a schedule for this week if I can fit it in

Posted Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:21 am

You're welcome Ryan,and yes George it is the west side.Don't forget sign up at 6 p.m.on the 19th of April.15 boats 7 til 3.All funds collected prior to launch on day 1.$120 a boat includes lunker.Big boats and toppers are welcome.

If we have cartoppers maybe we can give them a 5 minute head start.That is if everyone agrees to it.I really hate to see the smaller boats get swamped when we take off.It will also be so much safer for them.

Posted Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:47 pm

ken....I have been involved with cartopper and big boat events many years ago and the safest thing to do is let the big boats go first...then the cartoppers....VERY unsafe to have the cartoppers in FRONT of the big boats....I saw a cartopper get flipped over on Norton rez from a wake of a bigger boat.....I almost got killed on upper slatersville in RI in the early 80's cause the event director let the small boats and canoes go first....please be SAFE to all of you....let the big boat wakes be IN FRONT OF YOU....just a suggestion from me...hope u don't mind

Posted Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:30 pm

I'm only speaking for myself now, but as a topper owner solely (for now), I have to agree with WOJO. While the thought is nice, a 5 minute head start is nothing. The big boats are gonna go by in no time and the wakes are gonna be bad and unsafe. It is what it is and while we toppers appreciate the thoughtfulness, it's just not practical. Again, I'm only speaking for myself.

Posted Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:32 pm

i will hopefully be fishing this and most likely in my car topper i do appreciate the thought ken but i too would rather the big boats go first plus the big boats will need a head start anyways cuz I'm gonna beat em in the end haha right roger

Posted Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:47 pm

Understood,thanks for the input guys.
For those who haven't followed the whole post,the dates are,Billington May 2nd,West
Monponsett May 3rd for the 2 day event.May 17th will be at Great Herring for the 10 boat.

Posted Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:00 am

I can't do the 2 day event sadly, because of military weekend, however I am definitely in for the 17th for 10 boats at Herring, provided cartoppers are allowed.

Posted Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:03 am

creaturefiend

i will hopefully be fishing this and most likely in my car topper i do appreciate the thought ken but i too would rather the big boats go first plus the big boats will need a head start anyways cuz I'm gonna beat em in the end haha right roger

Haha Nate, absolutely can relate! Love beating those big boats from my topper!

Posted Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:27 pm

where is everyone that said they'd sign up?

Posted Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Is May 17th still a go at Great Herring? I'm in if it is.

Posted Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:57 pm

Where are all these guys that said they wanted in on this set up? Lets go guys Ken went thru all this work to set this up cause everyone said they wanted it! At least give a response!!!!

Posted Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:15 am

jamesd

Where are all these guys that said they wanted in on this set up? Lets go guys Ken went thru all this work to set this up cause everyone said they wanted it! At least give a response!!!!

bump

Posted Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links