Little long is where the guy caught the 9-1/2 a couple weeks ago. There's big fish all over the consistently elude me tho👎

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:37 pm

It's not complicated Exclamation Laughing

Posted Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:17 am

did they stock the trout yet?????

Posted Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:36 am

And also the trout aren't always 12-14 inches they stock trophy rainbows also just only a few that are 17inches plus

Posted Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:47 am

Has anyone been down there since Memorial Day? Was just wondering if the town is charging a fee to get into the park.

Posted Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:37 am

Went to Little yesterday for a change of scenery. Went out in the yak, was the only person on the water fishing. I did however have to avoid the swimmers that were criss crossing the pond! Laughing Got around 6 or 7 bass, nothing over a pound! Had a couple quick release and had plenty of missed fish. Tube and wacky rig got all the action. The wind started howling from the east and that was the end of the bites. For the most part it was pretty nice out there, especially when you have the place to yourself!

Posted Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:09 am

I saw a picture of a 10 pounder caught there last year it was released. There's def a good chance of catching a monster there just right place right time right bait kind of thing like all fishing haha.

Posted Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:40 am

I saw a picture of a 10 pounder caught there last year it was released. There's def a good chance of catching a monster there just right place right time right bait kind of thing like all fishing haha.

Posted Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:59 am

Do you have picture of that big bass?

Posted Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:01 am

Hit Little this morning. Had the place to myself! Pretty cold wind swirling around. Had 1 small bass on that managed to jump off. No other strikes for the 2hrs. I was there! Was at Little South earlier and only had 1 strike. Fall feed doesn't seem to have begun yet! Laughing

Posted Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:21 pm

khaskins

It's just like Long Pond they eat the trout.

Big trout swimbaits- The best bait EVER for Little and Long! Grew up in the area, and have caught dozens and dozens of bass there over 5 pounds. For a time I exclusively threw 7-9 inch rainbow trout swimbaits, and in this period I caught TONS of huge bass! One day I caught a 24 pound bag there using swimbaits.

Posted Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:09 pm

was there last night! lots of rises out in the middle! i was on shore! stayed till dark! saw a school of bass swiming around with lots of sunnies and really small bait tight to shore!

bass were around a pound but saw a decent one! id watch em follow my lures in a school. eventualy qucik hit and spit!

sunsetting i tossed topwater couple whacks and got one little one

Posted Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:16 pm

2 hrs this morning throwing everything for trout and bass and not a hit! Lot of guys on the shore. Started at Little South and had 1 fish on that managed to escape and 1 other strike! Tough morning after the storm!

Posted Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:37 pm

stratos1966

Little long does not. Long pond does. Little long has a max depth of around 12' . Long pond does drop to close to 100'

I fished LIttle Pond a handfull of times on my kayak this Summer. My Lowrance gave me depths between 35 - 45' towards the middle. There's a nice 20' drop off just off the boat ramp.

Had 'decent' luck there this Summer, mostly pre-dawn and dusk. Midday fishing is tough.

Posted Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Went down this morning since they stopped charging and I needed a change of scenery. Got 4 bass, biggest around 2lb, lost 1 and a few other strikes. 1 other yak out there. Once they stock it it will be a s*** show for a couple of weeks! Laughing

Posted Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:33 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links