Needed to change things up. Hit Little yesterday morning with the yak. First time out on the water, have always fished that place with waders. Started fishing deep with a tube and dropshot. Not even a tap! Moved in tight and started to get bit. Got around 10 or so and lost at least 6 and plenty of quick strikes. Biggest was around 2.5 lb. Only 1 other boat out there. A really beautiful day! The show starts after the arrival of the first trout truck! Laughing

Posted Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:04 am

Does anyone know the size of the trout when they release them from the truck???

Im quite excited myself for the trout... Not to fish them, but knowing they'll be getting gorged by some big bass

Posted Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:30 am

Actually, I dont think there is any bigger bass in this pond. Couldnt get any big than 2 pounds bass. But ALL trout are between 12-14 inch is stock trout size.

Posted Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Big bass have been caught there.I know an 8.5 and some in the 9 to 10 range.Guys catch them when they're trout fishing a lot of the time.Live bait and a big surprise.It's just like Long Pond they eat the trout.I've heard bass have been spotted in the teens there.I know a lot of 8 to 9 pounders have been caught.So much food for them it's hard to get a bite.I guess the bigger fish don't chase they just wait for an opportunity.These fish aren't caught everyday,only at a given moment when they are hungry.

Posted Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:57 pm

People usually don't go there to specifically target bass. It is known for trout and salmon. As stated, a lot of bass are caught by accident while fishing for trout. The pond appears to have a healthy population of bass and there has to be some lunkers in there. The pond has some awesome bottom structure Exclamation

Posted Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:32 pm

I always snorkeled there when I was a kid.Lots of bait tadpoles and crayfish not to mention frogs,perch,trout and sunfish.

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:00 am

correct me if im wrong, but doesn't little pond get over 100ft deep? I might be mistaking it for another....?

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:12 am

Little long does not. Long pond does. Little long has a max depth of around 12' . Long pond does drop to close to 100'

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:19 am

little pond has a max depht of like 50 ft.

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:03 am

Live seen a monster many years ago! I was snorkeling ad screwing around in the water!

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:17 am

kizel13

little pond has a max depht of like 50 ft.

Correct! A small 50 ft. hole out in the middle. Other than that lots of humps and drops. Water depth is all over the place Exclamation

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Are we talking about the pond that across the road from Long pond in Plymouth?

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:55 pm

the one near billington.

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:02 pm

samf

the one near billington.

nevermind!!!

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:05 pm

There's only about 100 Long and Little long ponds in Mass

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links