The biggest I have caught there is 3lb. I have caught a ton in the 1-2lb range. I too have heard many stories of big bass caught there. They have to be there, they have plenty to eat! Laughing

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:08 pm

don51

The biggest I have caught there is 3lb. I have caught a ton in the 1-2lb range. I too have heard many stories of big bass caught there. They have to be there, they have plenty to eat! Laughing

Sounds like my experience at Little Pond too. I've been going there most of my life. I used to see a lot of crayfish when I snorkeled there as a kid ('70's & early '80's). Haven't seen any the last few years with my nephews.

Still an awesome little body of water to paddle around in.

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:32 pm

Dang! I did used shiners, Nightclawers, flies, spinners, rapala, spoons, and jerkbait. Still no bass for me. I guess I'm bass repellent in this pond! Haha however, I'm still can catch salmon out of this place. It's nice to see that salmon isn't all gone.

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:11 pm

When was the last time you caught one there? A holdover? No more stocking as I'm sure you well know. Anyway, Friday doesn't look too bad, going to head down for what could be the last shot at open water trout!

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:02 pm

My last time that I went to little pond is last year at April. I caught salmon on my last trip and I stopped going there. Since I was focus into other species. Definitely holdover fish. 4pounds and 7 pounds. Will look at my phone if I have picture of it. Of course, they was released back.

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:51 pm

COLD! 1 brown and 1 other strike. Couple of other guys there. Little was wide open, while Billington was skimmed over! Confused Looks pretty cold next week, ice guys may get there chance on the south shore next wknd.

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:54 pm

Went to little pond once and the only fish caught was a rainbow by my brother. I'll definitely be going back though, hopefully if I get to go out on the ice!

Posted Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:54 pm

Laughing I'm hoping it is wide open on Monday. Supposed to be 40 ish through the wknd and 50's next week!

Posted Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:46 pm

Don, you're all set. Little Pond was wide open today. I saw three or four kayaks on the water and at least a dozen or so shore/waders.

I haven't decided Little or Long Pond, but I'll be at one of them tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone who can get out there!

Posted Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:39 pm

Yeah, saw your other post! What a difference from last season Exclamation

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:38 am

Fished from shore yesterday from 12-3, No bites but something massive followed my swimbait towards shore. I could see it 5 feet in front of me as I was wading in 3 feet of water and it hit the lure twice but no hookup! Confused Then it took off and I couldn't coax it out of the depths again.

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:14 am

bass? trout? what kind of swimbait??

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:46 am

It was chasing my 5" Sebile Magic Swimmer sinking Blue gill swimbait. The problem is that its weedless and the hook is fairly large and inside the collapsible body (Similar to the Hudi). If it was a treble or smaller It woulda hooked up no prob. Cuz of the wind/waves I couldn't see what type of fish- thinking a Trout or maybe the elusive landlock Salmon we all hear stories about in this pond. Totally gave me new hope for the pond after seeing it though. There are definitely large fish in there.

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:55 am

thats awesome!!!

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:46 pm

Yeah, I've had some big fish follow the bait to me and not take it! Anyway, got 1 rainbow, a couple of strikes and a couple of follows from trout. Couple of other people there and 1 bass boat showed up. Rolling Eyes Hard to believe that today is Feb. 1st! Doubt if there have been many days this mild on April 1st! Smile

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:33 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links