I flipped a coin and launched @ Long Pond this morning. Spent 5 hours, starting from the far end (East?) and working my way back.

I kept it simple with a 1/4 oz Silver Buddy, a 1/2 oz brown hair jig and a 7'-14' chrome/black Rapala suspender.

Didn't catch a whiff, and saw one trout in the shallows between the two points on the North (?) shoreline. My Lowrance may as well have been off too, except showing me depth and the little structure there.

No biggie. It was my 3rd time there and it's a big chunk of water to cover by paddle. Good enough to fish in warm weather on February 1st.

I made mental notes of areas I covered for the 1st time for Spring.

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:29 pm

Must have been tough there with the wind! Wide open. Nice getting out though.

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:39 am

Surprisingly, it wasn't. I brought spinning and bait casting gear in case it was.

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:36 am

lost a decent bow last night at shore on a jerkbait at littles. quick after work trip testing out new gear. decided to try for trout and hooked up

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:46 pm

Bassturds ,Decent = ? 18 or bigger ?

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:04 pm

haha decent by truck bow standards, not your spot standards.

it looked chunky, id give 15 inch..

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Yes . Truckbow standards and Ben there for a while standards have a big gap in length

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:18 pm

Wish I could have made it down there today! Not going to see another day like this for awhile! Rolling Eyes

Posted Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:57 pm

Took a ride down this a.m. Pond was pretty much wide open, however the only shoreline that was open was on the east side. This gave me a direct hit from a steady west wind. Anyway, got 3 bows, lost 1 and had 1 other strike. Couple of other guys fishing. Looks like a normal ice out this year! Smile <(((><

Posted Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:25 pm

don51

Took a ride down this a.m. Pond was pretty much wide open, however the only shoreline that was open was on the east side. This gave me a direct hit from a steady west wind. Anyway, got 3 bows, lost 1 and had 1 other strike. Couple of other guys fishing. Looks like a normal ice out this year! Smile <(((><

if you don't mind me asking, what did you use?? Thinking about heading down that way tommorow!

Posted Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:04 pm

I started off throwing a Shallow Shad Rap, 1 strike. Switched to a small green pumpkin tube Texas rigged. Couldn't feel hits off the bottom due to the wind howling. Got 2 bows and lost one while I was reeling it in. Put on a small suspending crankbait and caught one. I was only there 2 hrs. so I considered the trip a success! Laughing

Posted Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:11 pm

don51

I started off throwing a Shallow Shad Rap, 1 strike. Switched to a small green pumpkin tube Texas rigged. Couldn't feel hits off the bottom due to the wind howling. Got 2 bows and lost one while I was reeling it in. Put on a small suspending crankbait and caught one. I was only there 2 hrs. so I considered the trip a success! Laughing

yeah that's awesome!! I would definitely be content with that!

Posted Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:25 am

Don, were you 'yakkin, or shore bound?

I!ve not been down there in a couple of weeks.

Posted Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:54 am

I put my waders on and wandered around the east shoreline. Wasn't a yakking day by any means! Laughing

Posted Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:11 pm

Went down to little today, about 12 guys this morning wading and throwing shiners and no one got anything. Saw some movement around my shiner and lure a few times when I was close to shore, but no strikes or hits. Still hopeful for some holdovers in the next few weeks there

Posted Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:24 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links