not sure roger, I hope its good enough for the big man. I've never had it in the water. just bought it back in september.

Posted Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:01 am

[URL=http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/rlgdguy1/media/web_fred_monte.jpg.html]
[/URL]

Something like this, starting from the rear to about 3/4's up the side? A little extra floatation, just in case! Just thinking bout you bro!

Posted Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:49 pm

I like that idea roger, what to you thing Dan?

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:25 am

are they just glued on? i have a bunch of those pool noodles that i use as padding on the fence that props my boat up.

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:58 pm

I think Pink noodles would be OUTSTANDING on Johnny's boat. Make it so!!!

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:17 pm

They're puuuuuuuurdy! Shocked But You can use whatever color you like best obviously. Maybe two on each side, would also make great bumpers!

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:22 pm

I want them

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Pool noodles provide excellent added flotation, are easy to install and won't ever break-down. I've used 'em on the inside of the hull of small boats and kayaks to provide extra buoyancy (in the event of tip-over) and they work great. Have never put them external, however they might serve dual purpose as both flotation and bumper protection that way....pretty cool. Alternatively there are flotation pods or pontoons you can make or buy (but the are expensive) and bolt onto the transom.

Last edited by tacklesmith on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:28 pm

what would be the best way to "latch" them onto the side? some sort of glue, epoxy, or welding material?

i think i only have yellow unfortunately.

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:16 pm

tacklesmith

Pool noodles provide excellent added flotation, are easy to install and won't ever break-down. I've used 'em on the inside of the hull of small boats and kayaks to provide extra buoyancy and they work great. Have never put them external, however they might serve dual purpose as both flotation and bumper protection that way....pretty cool. Alternatively there are flotation pods you can make or buy (but the are expensive) and bolt onto the transom.

How can using them on the inside of the hull add extra buoyancy ?

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:16 pm

kman

tacklesmith

Pool noodles provide excellent added flotation, are easy to install and won't ever break-down. I've used 'em on the inside of the hull of small boats and kayaks to provide extra buoyancy and they work great. Have never put them external, however they might serve dual purpose as both flotation and bumper protection that way....pretty cool. Alternatively there are flotation pods you can make or buy (but the are expensive) and bolt onto the transom.

you have to sink first

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:41 pm

shawneramone

kman

tacklesmith

you have to sink first

correct

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:46 pm

I was thinking if anyone tilts to the left or right too far in a boat that isn't the stablest, wouldn't hurt to have something extra. Was just an idea, but then I saw a few pics like the one I posted. Maybe some sort of waterproof glue or contact cement to hold it on?

Posted Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:16 am

lets see how stable it is and how well it floats before glueing pool toys to the side.

pontoons that stick out 2-3' out would be the best option for stability. Like an outrigger canoe.

I think it is a great idea BUT. Putting noodles inside the boat will do nothing for stability, boats float by displacement. Noodles will only help inside the boat if it fills with water to the point of sinking. The bilge pump that is installed will take care of and water unless Johnny hits an iceberg with it.

Joe and I added about 120lbs of deck and subfloor to the boat, which was pretty light to begin with, soooo it should be ok. The batteries have been placed in the middle and upfront to help balance the load.

thanks again for all the positive comments! Joe and I are extremely happy with how this boat came out!

Still need to install the fishfinder, seats and make a stratos approved cooler livewell.

Posted Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:27 am

You said load

Posted Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:04 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links