added action to!!! nice wiggle worm with the feathers and blade going!!!!!! ooooo making me hungry now!!!

Posted Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:24 am

That setup (with the spinners and such on the line for added flash) is deadly when you troll it!

Posted Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:59 pm

MASS Fish & Game tweeted out today that fall stocking is scheduled to start on 9/24 if surface water temps are cool enough.

Posted Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:57 pm

MASS Fish and Game has a Twitter??!!

Anyways, thanks for the update. It would be great to see some fresh trout this week!

Posted Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:05 pm

is there a schedule posted for the stocking? also can anyone link me to several successful trout lures. esp. ones that catch bigger guys. i hate setting up rigs for powerbait etc... i rather just clip on a lure!

Posted Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:22 pm

Last I checked, there wasn't one up. But when the stocking starts (hopefully in 2 days) they will update the schedule on Fridays. Just Google "trout stocking schedule MA" and click on the Department of Fish and Game website.

Posted Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:21 pm

I tried google. didn't look too hard but saw the spring stocking schedule. any of you use lures for trout? which do you find successful?

Posted Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:24 pm

They probably won't post it until they start stocking, so check again at the end of the week.

As for lures, small inline spinners or spoons work great.

Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:12 am

they dont post the fall stocking

only way to find out is by checking the fishing reports like on the water! they usualy say trout stocking started this week

Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:17 am

Field Headquarters in the zone you are Fishing ...

Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:34 pm

i usually fish cochituate and i never see any fish stuff posted besides dont eat 'em. i got a rooster tail thingy... has like a tiny head, small spoon spiner and "feathers" doesn't go to far when casted. i try to let it sink sink sink and retrieve it with a constant slow retrieve.. am i fishing it wrong? I don't know a lot about trout, i hear they like to sit deep in 30 feet of water. then i see stuff that they need cover like timber etc... locating them is tough for me!

Posted Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:56 pm

Anybody know if any stocking actually happened today?

Posted Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:23 pm

teamtrout

Anybody know if any stocking actually happened today?

I'm guessing no. The water is still too warm. Email MAWildlife. They are pretty good at responding.

Posted Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:27 pm

You're right. The person I emailed told me that hopefully early next week we will see some fresh trout in our local lakes.

Posted Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:42 pm

Updated Tweet from Mass Fish & Game:
"It's fall fish stocking time and stocking is underway. Contact your MassWild Life district for more info"

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:57 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links