I don't use this site to find the hot bite! This isn't saltwater!!
I like to see the pictures! Hear the stories!
Tips and tricks! I also like to know how you caught fish, trip details is what I like! Caught a 4lbsr on a jig in 10 feet of water at a stump in a cove! Water was 72! Weather cloudy blowing 10mph!
I then use that info at my spots!
SO PEOPLE ADD MORE DETAILS TO YOUR TRIPS

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:14 am

samf

teamtrout

Which brings up what I brought up already... if you really know your honey hole well, you will be able to catch even with added pressure. It's about technique.

Troutfreak fishes an extremely pressured body of water. I've seen up to 50 anglers there in a few hours! On holiday weekends I wouldn't be surprised if close to 500 anglers tried there luck there. Most catch nothing, yet the technique he's created allows him to catch fish while others don't. You can still have a honey hole with hundreds of other people fishing it. They have just as much right to the location, but if you have better techniques, that spot will remain "yours" because you will be catching more fish (quantity and quality) than anyone else.

one of the issues though is that the "honey holes" have very limited parking. it's not a problem at bigger public places or areas with a lot of space but rolling up on a place after a long week of work and not being able to fish there since it's already full sucks.

That's a good point Sam. But if someone mentions the pond here, I guess you're just gonna have to get up early!

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:42 am

Bassturds and i fish and have same rules for few lip-sealed fishermen who fish along with us.

This is reason why i post bunch trips for Plymouth harbor while mike post green harbor. I got to admit that almost 3/4 of trips is not from Plymouth at all. I dont know if it is same goes bassturds. But some of them is like chu. Ill post it on chu spot. But not gate numbers. Because it is wicked huge lake.

I fished bunch of ponds/lakes. I haven't met anyone from maff, sol, nef, or myff. So, i know who is certain people that fish pond regularly or not. Some people tried to "accidentally" bump me into same pond. But it has never happen to me yet. Except little pond that i bump into two well known guys from Facebook.

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:18 am

I wonder who did not want to share secret spots until they moved out of state?

"Hahaha! Thanks man! Actually, if you ever do need help finding a spot to target a certain fish, message me! I do have experience with most fish species, and I will be willing to share secret spots when I'm gone!"

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:25 am

shawneramone

i learned the hard way. When I first got on this site I posted a video and a few trips from my favorite place. Most people didn't know how to get in there or where to park. I told every person who asked because I thought that was the nice thing to do. The following season I went from being the only boat there most days to always seeing one or more and even a few times up to 6 other boats. It's a small place. Couldn't handle it. I went from catching 4 pounders on a regular basis to hardly ever. I fished it once this year, once last year and zero times the year before. I have no doubt that maff did it and I feel personally responsible. There was always someone asking me if I was shawneramone or if that was White Lightning. If you like a spot and feel it doesn't get a lot of pressure then shut up about it. Especially here. It's like telling a million people at once.

White Lightning!!!

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:27 am

i_am_a_hypocrite

"Hahaha! Thanks man! Actually, if you ever do need help finding a spot to target a certain fish, message me! I do have experience with most fish species, and I will be willing to share secret spots when I'm gone!"

Wink

I never said that PMing isn't the way to go. I said that I share ponds with whoever asks, but I usually won't publicize a spot on here just because I know other anglers rely on it. I PM or just tell in person. "Secret spots" aren't that valuable to me, I have plenty of good spots, very few true secret spots. That's just the term I use to mean good spots. Believe me, I shared tons more information before I left than after I moved.

The only point that I was trying to make was that added pressure from the site doesn't ruin a honey hole. Well, it does in the sense that fish are harder to catch. But there are still numbers of large fish if you know how to catch them. I still PM though.

I stay in MA for a few months out of the year starting this fall. I am actually in MA now, and will be fishing a well known pond with a secret technique today Wink

Sorry I offended you enough to make a secondary account!

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:44 am

deaffisherman

Bassturds and i fish and have same rules for few lip-sealed fishermen who fish along with us.

This is reason why i post bunch trips for Plymouth harbor while mike post green harbor. I got to admit that almost 3/4 of trips is not from Plymouth at all. I dont know if it is same goes bassturds. But some of them is like chu. Ill post it on chu spot. But not gate numbers. Because it is wicked huge lake.

I fished bunch of ponds/lakes. I haven't met anyone from maff, sol, nef, or myff. So, i know who is certain people that fish pond regularly or not. Some people tried to "accidentally" bump me into same pond. But it has never happen to me yet. Except little pond that i bump into two well known guys from Facebook.

bingo!!! exactly right!!!!!! took the words out of my mouth.
ive never met anybody from the forums fishing my spot!!

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:31 am

i_am_a_hypocrite

No offense, but this is pretty low. Not that you are holding him to what he said a while back (that's fine), but the fact that you needed to create a new account to try to get at him. It's an online forum for cryin' out loud! Just say what you want and have a civilized discussion. I enjoy reading a passionate debate on here every now and then, but making a separate anonymous account because you're scared to say what you want on your regular account is taking it too far.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bassturds, great points.

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:56 am

Everyone who has been around long enough knows who it is and knows that they are just busting balls!

you_must _be_blind and Iam_a_hypocrite Its the same person!

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:06 pm

jamesd

Everyone who has been around long enough knows who it is and knows that they are just busting balls!

Sorry, haven't been around long enough I guess then! Glad to hear it though!!! Very Happy Wink Laughing

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:17 pm

Thanks for filling me in though James

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:18 pm

bassturds

I don't use this site to find the hot bite! This isn't saltwater!!
I like to see the pictures! Hear the stories!
Tips and tricks! I also like to know how you caught fish, trip details is what I like! Caught a 4lbsr on a jig in 10 feet of water at a stump in a cove! Water was 72! Weather cloudy blowing 10mph!
I then use that info at my spots!
SO PEOPLE ADD MORE DETAILS TO YOUR TRIPS

Exactly

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:38 pm

jamesd

Don't forget Get_a_working_scale

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:42 pm

what is"bucket brigades "?

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:17 pm

Guys who fish from shore and fill buckets and keep everything they catch.

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:23 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links