I agree pocket good points on both sides. And It is an entertaining read if nothing else.

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:15 pm

davelach

indk617

Yeah, fishingreek is spot on. I happily tell people where I fish if it is a big well known pond. I fish a lot of ponds that are small though and I keep those to myself, a few friends and I'll even tell people through PM.

Before I try any new spot I always go on its MAFF site, check any trips and I check Fishbrain. If I'm doing that, so are the people that will go there with their buckets of shiners and throw their beers and trash all over the place.

Fishbrain is way worse than MAFF though. I was so mad the first time I went on there and saw people posting about all these spots.

Can't wait to download Fishbrain! Lol

FishBrain is a mess. Haha. You've got people, mainly kids, posting 1-pounders and calling them 6-pounders just to become "King" of that spot. It's all meaningless, but it irritates the hell out of me. Haha.

The worst thing about it is the photos. It is amazing how many people post photos where they're "lipping" the fish with fucking needle-nose pliers!

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:05 am

Hahaha, Fishbrain is ridiculous and all that but the only thing that makes me cringe is that when they do catch a good fish they post these tiny ponds to thousands of people.

I went on there the other day and one of my old favorite spots had 19 new catches posted on it. Someone caught an "8" pounder outta there and posted it so everyone flocked there and this is a small bog pond where talking about!

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:45 am

indk617

Hahaha, Fishbrain is ridiculous and all that but the only thing that makes me cringe is that when they do catch a good fish they post these tiny ponds to thousands of people.

I went on there the other day and one of my old favorite spots had 19 new catches posted on it. Someone caught an "8" pounder outta there and posted it so everyone flocked there and this is a small bog pond where talking about!

According some of the peoples responses on this post this would not bother them if it was their regular spot and it is acceptable! To each his own I guess!

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:15 am

Wow, lots of butthurt on this thread!

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:24 am

Haha what the!

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:31 am

indk617

It's a good thing you have many places you can fish, then. So here's the thing, if all the bozo's are fishing the Fishbrain spots then they aren't fishing somewhere else, so go where they aren't. Or start posting fake reports to Fishbrain like certain people do on MAFF. Of course every report blows up someone's spot, just so it's not one of mine. Let's see if we can get 50 boats on that puddle at the same time. That will assure that none of them ever show up there again. Too crowded.

Geez, I'm not sure where I land in this argument. I think I've confused myself

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:28 pm

there are not many spots fishbrain does not cover. I find if there are no reports on a spot, its usually private. It even has off limit reservoirs covered.

as far as saying other places in trips, I am guilty of that. I usually do it with humor and say Wallum or some other obvious place that no way the trip took place at.

I've done a lot of exploring this year and found a few great spots. I have already taken two maff members there and tomorrow will take two more. I trust they will not blab to others. It has nothing to do with not wanting others to enjoy it. I want others to enjoy the game of golf as well, does it make me selfish that I dont want them all showing up at my tee time?

Some comments made earlier suggest that the bucket brigade are not using maff or fishbrain etc. You better believe they are. It just takes a few and word travels very fast.

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:14 pm

wow, I go to new Hampshire for 3 days and get back to 5 pages of topic outta nowhere. Not surprised this thread got this much attention, though. I have one honey hole that gets no fishing traffic besides the occasional worm and bobber crew. My brother and I both caught PBs from it this year. But I don't hit up this place every time I wanna fish. One of my favorite things about fishing is discovering new places. I haven't given up that pond to anyone, but one thing about the place is it's pretty trashy. Another one of my favorite things about fishing is just being out in the fresh air and quiet, so that also drives me to other places to fish.

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:41 pm

Most of the bucket brigade in my neck of the woods do not speak or read english so this site is useless to them Rolling Eyes

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Or they wouldn't eat the fish. Don't eat fish signs posted everywhere

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:58 pm

badlarry

Most of the bucket brigade in my neck of the woods do not speak or read english so this site is useless to them Rolling Eyes

so there is a loophole

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Yeh right ok. Ummm who posted a video recently of people going around and speaking to them in their native languages? They were being warned of toxins in fish in their native tongue. They said flat out either they dont believe it or they dont care. It has nothing to do with them not reading or speaking English. They catch on real fast when it benefits them. Roll your eyes at me, I will stay civil.

Skull and crossbones on some of the signs I think offer a clue. Some things are universal...like the words "Checks Cashed"

Good day kind sir.

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:10 pm

I say we sabotage the fish brain app! Who's with me?

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:31 pm

True kman

Posted Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:51 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links