oh, just like Cram-bodians...

But these people usually fish from shore. Let them take it and destroy it. Then, it is over for them. The boater will still have fun and options to fish whatever the lake/river they like.

kman

Guys who fish from shore and fill buckets and keep everything they catch.

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:08 pm

I don't really give a rats ass about that. They eat everything that they catch. The only problem I have with it is that they didn't buy a license!

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:33 pm

You can't "not give a rats ass" and have a problem with it at the same time. They cancel each other out

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 pm

I am late to this, tangent, debate.

When I joined MA Fish Finder I was looking for just general tips and new spot ideas. I am not an un-accomplished as a fisherman and I always share spots, ideas, etc because on any given day, it's different. And you may not fish as slow/fast/deep/shallow as I do so I share.

What I found was that the better "pictures" fisherman were less than helpful (via DM or message board) in any kind of information. I offered up at least 5 great spots, with no reservation, and did not get one in return.

I live north of Boston, north of say Billerica. The spots here are fished out and not ponds/lakes but lilly-pad fields and muck puddles. Only the Merrimack still has a shot at a good fish.

It is what it is. Keep your honey holes, enjoy them. It never lasts, and not because of this site.

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Some spots are shore only. I have been shore for awhile now( I have recently bought a fishing kayak) I witness the destruction of my fav spots daily. Has nothing to do with site because the bucketeers are ruining everything and I'm pretty sure most of them don't visit this sitE. No need for tips on how to fish worm n bobber! Very Happy

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:40 am

4 pages of good reading. Keep it going boys & girls!

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:58 pm

Yes it's just fascinating reading Pocket. Go back to catching bluegills and leave the important matters to the rest of us.

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:46 pm

i_am_a_hypocrite

Yes it's just fascinating reading Pocket. Go back to catching bluegills and leave the important matters to the rest of us.

Wow, tuff words coming from someone who hides behind a bull sh@t account!

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Very Happy simmer down fellas! Lol

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:11 pm

I thought I had found the only fishing sight that celebrates fishing in the spirit it was meant to be celebrated in, sharing. SurfTalk, NEKF, and a slew of others near come to blows if someone even remotely suggests a spot burn. That has taken the fun out of those sights. I hope that doesn't happen here. I understand that some spots are sacred to some guys but I can guarantee, you are not the only one that knows about it. If you want to be that tight lipped then don't mention where you were. Or, don't even post that you went fishing at all. And really though, MAFF has a trip report that everyone uses. So how are you going to keep it secret? Laughing

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:25 pm

dace

I thought I had found the only fishing sight that celebrates fishing in the spirit it was meant to be celebrated in, sharing. SurfTalk, NEKF, and a slew of others near come to blows if someone even remotely suggests a spot burn. That has taken the fun out of those sights. I hope that doesn't happen here.

Hit it right on the head, Dace.

Taken from a guy on another forum. Quit being so selfish, people! Very Happy ... "Watching a friend catch a biggie is just as rewarding to me as catching one myself. What's the point of fishing if you can't share the experience, reward, friendship. Life's too short for that!"

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:27 pm

indk617

Yeah, fishingreek is spot on. I happily tell people where I fish if it is a big well known pond. I fish a lot of ponds that are small though and I keep those to myself, a few friends and I'll even tell people through PM.

Before I try any new spot I always go on its MAFF site, check any trips and I check Fishbrain. If I'm doing that, so are the people that will go there with their buckets of shiners and throw their beers and trash all over the place.

Fishbrain is way worse than MAFF though. I was so mad the first time I went on there and saw people posting about all these spots.

Can't wait to download Fishbrain! Lol

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:39 pm

fishingreek

i_am_a_hypocrite

Wow, tuff words coming from someone who hides behind a bull sh@t account!

What a jerk

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:34 pm

dace

I thought I had found the only fishing sight that celebrates fishing in the spirit it was meant to be celebrated in, sharing. SurfTalk, NEKF, and a slew of others near come to blows if someone even remotely suggests a spot burn. That has taken the fun out of those sights. I hope that doesn't happen here. I understand that some spots are sacred to some guys but I can guarantee, you are not the only one that knows about it. If you want to be that tight lipped then don't mention where you were. Or, don't even post that you went fishing at all. And really though, MAFF has a trip report that everyone uses. So how are you going to keep it secret? Laughing

We all seem to agree that there are no secret spots. We are saying talking about a spot here puts it in the public eye and adds a lot more pressure

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:36 pm

i_am_a_hypocrite

See.....I love it, LOL! It actually IS good reading. Lots of people are making some good points. Hard to be on one side or the other. I see both sides. Now excuse me while I go back to catching my bluegills AND crappie!! Laughing

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links