baystateangler

I say we sabotage the fish brain app! Who's with me?

They are doing a good job of sabotaging themselves. Every bass is a 10lb hog, even if the picture isn't half that!

Posted Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:39 am

Great post. Just reading it today and still reading. Im fairly new to this site and found a lot of new ponds and fishing tips through this site but I also consider myself to be a respectful fisherman. Not all are, theres a big difference and it only takes a few to ruin things. I recently changed my trips so only friends could see them due to 1000+ viewing them. Made me think if it was a good idea or not? I think you just need to be careful of what you post and what you say here.
Great read

Posted Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:16 am

of the most heavily fished waters in my area .Catch fish all the time ..I see people fish all day and get skunked ,Just because you find someones place to go doesnt always mean that you will do well ...

Posted Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:59 pm

Right I was just talking with another angler about how many times I'm coming off a pond and guys tell me the bite was bad and I did great. Can lead a horse to water doesn't mean he will drink.

Posted Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:53 pm

badlarry

Right I was just talking with another angler about how many times I'm coming off a pond and guys tell me the bite was bad and I did great. Can lead a horse to water doesn't mean he will drink.

I prefer pigs personally

Posted Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:11 pm

troutfreak

of the most heavily fished waters in my area .Catch fish all the time ..I see people fish all day and get skunked ,Just because you find someones place to go doesnt always mean that you will do well ...

don't understand what this has to do with awsome locations being giving away by people on this site ,Places that otherwise would of never been found by most anglers . This had nothing to do about heavily fished waters. Just like u Said u see people fish all day and get skunked . Most of the places I fish I don't see people

Posted Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Sounds like he's saying he doesn't care if people give away the spots he fishes. I've looked through his pictures just now and I know one of the rivers. It wasn't always well known but sites similar to this one have thrown the name out so much that a ton of people fish there.

Sounds like exactly what you guys don't want... but he still catches a lot of fish there. The publicity is ruining that spot for others, but not him/

Just my interpretation. Maybe troutfreak will explain it.

Posted Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:51 pm

slabosourous

Sounds like he's saying he doesn't care if people give away the spots he fishes. I've looked through his pictures just now and I know one of the rivers. It wasn't always well known but sites similar to this one have thrown the name out so much that a ton of people fish there.

Sounds like exactly what you guys don't want... but he still catches a lot of fish there. The publicity is ruining that spot for others, but not him/

I like my secret spots and all, but the top fisherman all fish the best spots in the world and heavily. If you're good at it, you can still get the bass to bite. A lot of people here for some reason feel entitled to certain places, or like these places belong to them, it's fascinating to see. After my run in with the intimidator a few posts up, looking through threads the guy races to say every spot sucks or is dangerous. Lovell's pond apparently has no fish and new bedford reservoir has nothing as well... funny new bedford reservoir has produced an 11 pounder officially.

Whatever it's a stupid argument, but the point still stands, if you're good you'll still catch the fish. I caught one of my top fish in one of the heavier fished spots I even fish. The fish are definitely a little more in tune with what's going on, but at the end of the day if you know what you're doing, you'll still land them.

Posted Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:08 am

I think the conversation has gone off course a little. Sure, on a large body of water, good fishermen will catch fish while others flail away and go home skunked. That will reign true in all bodies of water. But what about those small bodies of water, where a few months ago you could go to and not see another soul. Then after it becomes "published" by someone that states things like the place rocks, full of big bass, caught 25 - all over 3 lbs. After a period of time, you can't even go there because the shores are lined with people or garbage left behind, there are multiple canoes, kayaks, crawdads, inflatables and ever other sort of watercraft allowed on the water parked in every cove, every underwater ledge, or lily pad patch in the place. Yea, a good fisherman could still go in and catch fish, if he could find a spot to park on shore or in the water..... I think that may have been the gist of the original post.

Posted Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:08 am

fdw9652

I think the conversation has gone off course a little. Sure, on a large body of water, good fishermen will catch fish while others flail away and go home skunked. That will reign true in all bodies of water. But what about those small bodies of water, where a few months ago you could go to and not see another soul. Then after it becomes "published" by someone that states things like the place rocks, full of big bass, caught 25 - all over 3 lbs. After a period of time, you can't even go there because the shores are lined with people or garbage left behind, there are multiple canoes, kayaks, crawdads, inflatables and ever other sort of watercraft allowed on the water parked in every cove, every underwater ledge, or lily pad patch in the place. Yea, a good fisherman could still go in and catch fish, if he could find a spot to park on shore or in the water..... I think that may have been the gist of the original post.

BINGO!!!

Posted Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:15 am

fdw9652

well said

Posted Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:29 am

fishinbev

slabosourous

I like my secret spots and all, but the top fisherman all fish the best spots in the world and heavily. If you're good at it, you can still get the bass to bite. A lot of people here for some reason feel entitled to certain places, or like these places belong to them, it's fascinating to see. After my run in with the intimidator a few posts up, looking through threads the guy races to say every spot sucks or is dangerous. Lovell's pond apparently has no fish and new bedford reservoir has nothing as well... funny new bedford reservoir has produced an 11 pounder officially.

Whatever it's a stupid argument, but the point still stands, if you're good you'll still catch the fish. I caught one of my top fish in one of the heavier fished spots I even fish. The fish are definitely a little more in tune with what's going on, but at the end of the day if you know what you're doing, you'll still land them.

only fools give out information about a place that's 100 acres and has 11 pounders In in it . Now wonder there was 12 cartoppers there the other day when I've fished the place for 20 years and only see bank beaters there . Fishibev is a scumbag with an IQ that's about 20 , good way to sabatoge yourself other fisherman and the fish in the lake

Posted Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:36 am

I fish a great deal in Boston Harbor and in the West Surburban Ponds and Rivers of Boston. Every site that I fish is well published on this site and others. My observation regarding freshwater fisheries is that the bass population is often predicated by the frog population year to year. The Striper population is often a function of how much bait remains in Narragansett Bay, the Islands and in Chatham. Fishing pressure has an impact on our fisheries. Food; however, determines size and viability of the Predators we are chasing.

Youth and fishing: Many Dads and Moms ask me where to fish. I often refer them to a large Panfish fishery as they want their children to catch fish. Having said that, "My daughter preferred to fish for Bluefish". In August we would walk the shoreline of Newport and catch an occasional Bluefish. In the setting of boatfishing and hungry bluefish she was usually bored after the third fish. However, when the reward was one or two fish from shore, shorefishing has become much more interesting for her.

I think favorite spots should be reserved for serious fisherman who respect their quarry, practice catch and release and reserve pictures or videos for the occasional fish. Many fisherman try a new spot for the first time and are easily discouraged. I have fished the Concord River many times. Only recently have I been rewarded. It takes time and patience. Tight lines!

Posted Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:43 am

I am a competitive guy, so I love going to a spot that is highly mentioned on MAFF or has a ton of guys fishing, slide right past them and pull out some nice fish. One of my favorite spots is very well known, always has at least a half dozen people on the banks, and I really love lifting a nice 3.5+lb bass out of the water just yards away, whilst they toil and swear and cast their nightcrawlers in a vain effort to cast in behind me.

There are a couple bodies of water that I wont ever mention here, or in person, or even if you married into my family...those are for me and whoever else figures it out.

Posted Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:00 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links