Centeral MA has no ice on any lake I've checked out.

It's depressing looking at the reports from last year where at this time there almost 5'' in some areas.

Hopefully we get a good week-long cold snap and freeze up. I'm itching to bust out the new gas auger Cool

Posted Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:28 pm

No matter what happens, it is going to be a short season!

Posted Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:19 pm

South Shore/cape is gonna warm up to over 50 for a day with this storm coming in. West and Central Ma will get snow and then itll get very cold for a few days. Ice will be here in full effect soon

Posted Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:58 pm

theres gona be ice this weekend on the south shore. all ponds were still frozen as of yesterday afternoon. so the melted ice will re freeze over the top of ice. plus its going to be below freezing all week. today at noon 30 all the way to sunday(maybe more but the news only had weather till sunday) plus thursday lows around -2. high 15

Posted Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:24 am

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I may actually try ice fishing. Even though I absolutely DESPISE the cold weather! Getting cabin fever!

Posted Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:47 pm

We say that every year Rog. I'm not even considering it

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:00 am

i go insane without fishin for a few months. cabin fever set in last week. even tho ive been fishing on the weekends for the past month.

i still love ice fishing tho, as long as im fishing im happy

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:40 am

I'm just waiting for a nice snow base around Newfound lake and I'll spend my weekends snowmobiling

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:26 pm

dude. set a few traps and go catch lakers and cusk down there. newfound has awesome smallies to

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:27 am

I really have no interest standing on a frozen lake. I'd rather go 80 mph across it

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:25 am

that does sound fun. id love to give that a try some time

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:47 pm

fished flint pond on Tuesday. four to five inches. further I went out thinner it got looked like open water in the middle. was told it blew open on sunday with the winds. should be good to go after today and tomorrow I will be back out there Friday and saturday

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:38 pm

Most small ponds in northeast MA are frozen. I got on a local pond today and got a couple of sunfish. More fishing to come this weekend.

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:57 pm

Checked a couple of ponds in the Hanson/Pemboke area this morning. Surprised to find only 3" of black ice, thought there would be a lot more! Saw that a couple of holes had beed drilled at Furnace so I figured I would give it a shot. Took a few holes before I got any strikes jigging. Got 3 jumbos and 1 bass before the wind and snow drove me off!

Posted Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:54 am

Really only 3 inches of ice? Wow, I would think with the past 3-4 days of anywhere from 10 to -5 degree temps there would be more than that.

Posted Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links