DAMMIT!!!!!

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:32 pm

good details from everyone. rich, thanks for that rudder picture. i should have a similar one tomorrow except i'll just use one of my oars (metal and plastic). multi-tasking at its finest.

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:36 pm

samf

good details from everyone. rich, thanks for that rudder picture. i should have a similar one tomorrow except i'll just use one of my oars (metal and plastic). multi-tasking at its finest.

That's a great idea for saving space. If I weren't working tomorrow I'd come out there to hang out and look at some clamps

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Joe, that is a tough one right there. I don't think putting the livewell under the seats will work well. The well will be too shallow and will mess up the boats equilibrium while driving. I personally would make a livewell cooler and fit it into the deck extension you are making. Make a lid in the deck extension so you can get access to the cooler.

Where is the gas tank?

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:43 pm

call in sick!

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:43 pm

LOL Sam I am covering for someone that's on vacation. That would be bad. Plus it's overtime.

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:59 pm

bangbang

Joe, that is a tough one right there. I don't think putting the livewell under the seats will work well. The well will be too shallow and will mess up the boats equilibrium while driving. I personally would make a livewell cooler and fit it into the deck extension you are making. Make a lid in the deck extension so you can get access to the cooler.

Where is the gas tank?

The gas tank is in the rear storage compartment. The more I think about it, if a custom is going in, it will be where the existing live well and storage compartments are. I need to get in there and look around at how it's constructed.

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:20 pm

[quote="jbigun"]
bangbang

Where is the gas tank?

Going to email Damon some pics as well.

Last edited by jbigun on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Where is the boat? I can always swing by and take a look.

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:23 pm

Its in Upton. I'll send you a message. Here is a better picture of the live well/storage area. Sorry to hijack the jon boat thread guys. If I take on this project I'll create a new thread if anyone is interested in seeing the results.

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:25 pm

i have the same setup with 2 livewells i dont see the problem my stratos livewells are big enough for 5 big fish even if i can't catch 5 bigs lol the rear livewell is pretty big and front isnt bad

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:59 am

Damon, did Sam get the same motor that you have? I'm reading reviews and have seen some complaints about tranducer wires not being able to be secured to the shaft. I see that they have the universal transducer option. Did either of you get that? If not then do you have a solution?

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:20 am

smokecity

i have the same setup with 2 livewells i dont see the problem my stratos livewells are big enough for 5 big fish even if i can't catch 5 bigs lol the rear livewell is pretty big and front isnt bad

I disagree. Anything over 15lbs is very cramped for 5 fish. I don't like cramming fish in a livewell especially in the summer when fish care is extremely important. I've had some big fish die on me in tournaments in Alabama using ice and rejuvenade and vowed it wouldn't happen again. Also, in draw tournaments where you have a non boater and two 5 fish limits, this current setup doesn't meet the rules. I also wouldn't use the size cooler that I've seen some guys use at some of the MAFF cartoppers (way too small) but to each their own.

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:50 am

My 1st boat was a 16' skeeter with front and rear livewells. the rear livewell was fine for 1lb fish. the front one was plenty big for 5 fish but the fish took a beating up front with the boat bouncing.

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:05 am

i hear ya i guess do what ya think you need 2 limits would be pretty tough but for 1 limit i have no issues i agree the bigger livewell is better .Hate seeing fish die and its worse when they are lunkers. Good luck bro!!!

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:49 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links