So glad for you Sam!

I wanted to come by today and check out the boat and workshop, but I ended up having stuff that needed to be done close to home Sad . How friggen cool is Team Beaver fever and everyone else who had a hand in the build/mod? You guys absolutely rock!! Cool

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:57 pm

Another bang,bang up job by the beaver.hahaha,A suggestion for the transom,you can rig up another trolling motor and wire a switch to the front of the boat.You leave the motor on high and locked in straight.When you want to motor you can flip the switch and steer with the front.It works great when your by yourself.Have fun with it Sam.

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:33 am

Thanks guys and good idea ken. The ultimate plan is to eventually grab a small 2.5 gas motor to throw on the back smokecity style.

Looks like Shawn and I will be testing this bad boy out today.

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:37 am

Wow a fantastic job of boat fab,congrates Sam and team beaver can't wait to see this in person. Have to admit I am a little jelous.
Sam we need to get you a small pic-up so you don't have to break it down. Once again a fantastic job to falltimber you got mad skills.
Jack

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:39 am

Awesome ride Sam! You must be so excited!
Nice build guys! You guys ROCK!!

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:37 pm

took the boat out for a spin today with shawn and like a true champ forgot to put the plug in. other than that, it's been great so far.

one thing i have to change that we noticed immediately is the rear seat height. the current seat and pedestal are too high and the guy in the back is almost standing which feels pretty unstable. i'll try to install a 6" pedestal instead of the 11" if that's not enough, i might have to use the padded fold down seat unless we can cut my existing pedestal way down.

thanks once again to damon, dan, joe, and justin for all of the hard work and making this happen. to anyone wondering - can you turn a jon boat into a bass boat and put it on top of a sedan? the answer is yes if you're determined enough and have the right people on the job lol. if you're looking to modify a jonboat, go right to damon. without a doubt, the best there is.

a lot of people who posted on this thread have contributed great ideas as well.

more pictures:

Wiring

Shortened motor shaft

Re-wired with casing

Rich nailed it with the rudder. it's an absolute must have. i used one of my oars. take a look at damon's picture. we added 2 notches to make it adjustable for shallow water and deep open water. i also wrapped duct tape around the oar to hold it in place tightly in both positions.

LED lighting

Powered up

Livewell pictures

(old hose)

middle spray bar placement is key as the spray will aerate the most area in the livewell.

installing the trailer hitch

for the fans of damon's dog

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:56 pm

Congrats Sam. Beaver fever did an awesome job. I love the livewell plug idea. Going to incorporate that in my boat this spring.

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Unbelievable Job, I can't wait to bring my boat up there to re do the front deck area, the project came out really nice, happy for you Sam!

Congrats to Beaver Fever on another job well done!!

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:23 am

Just read every page of this kick ass thread! That was awesome!

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 am

twebber

Well Well Look who it is...lol

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:24 am

sinista

twebber

hi neil!

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:27 am

twebber

sinista

twebber

hi neil!

Whats up buddy, Gonna bring my boat up to these guys in March, good guys get to know them Tom, very resourceful, helpfull all around great dudes,

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:29 am

sinista

twebber

sinista

twebber

hi neil!

Whats up buddy, Gonna bring my boat up to these guys in March, good guys get to know them Tom, very resourceful, helpfull all around great dudes,

Pure craftsmanship in this post! But MARCH???? Its gonna be tourney time by then

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 am

twebber

sinista

twebber

sinista

twebber

hi neil!

Pure craftsmanship in this post! But MARCH???? Its gonna be tourney time by then

I'll have to fish co angler on your boat till then

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:42 am

sinista

twebber

sinista

twebber

sinista

twebber

hi neil!

I'll have to fish co angler on your boat till then

I dont think that would fly with Mark lol.

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:49 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links