Incredible bag!

This weekend will probably be my last for the season.

Hope to hit the Sudbury Reservoir one day and also a final outing for the year in my 'yak on the Sudbury River.

Going to see if the rattle crankbaits continue to work - that's what I've caught nearly everything on the past few weeks. Though a yellow perch did nail a chartreuse spinner bait last Sunday at the Sud Rez.

Posted Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:43 pm

pocketfisherman

My cuz and I went out this past weekend and killed it! Jigs and jerkbaits moved slowly was the ticket for us, with two over 5 lbs (5.8 & 5.10 diiferent shapes/size, so not the same fish at all), countless 2-2.5's and a bunch of 1.5's for close to (no exaggerating) almost 50 bass. The action was non-stop, with a few crappie caught on the jerkbaits as well! My arms were tired when I went home.

Had another friend report he annihilated the bass on topwater baits too at another pond the same weekend. Hopefully the action continues this weekend! Good luck!

Wow, that's a great day!

My buddy caught a 6.8 largie on a frog over the weekend. We went to Tispaquin the next day and got skunked. Hopefully this weather keeps up, next week is looking good.

Posted Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:21 am

Took my father out last Wednesday and we did all right.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpObmXFX8cg[/youtube]

Posted Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:24 pm

A good day indeed!

Nice video.

Looked like you got them on plastic worms and spinnerbaits for the most part.

Where was this?

Posted Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Frambrett that looks like Nunya Pond. Kenny Nice video. When you gonna teach me to use my GoPro?

Posted Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:48 am

frambrett

A good day indeed!

Nice video.

Looked like you got them on plastic worms and spinnerbaits for the most part.

Where was this?

Yup, James is right. Nunya Pond. Haha.

Anyway, yeah, soft plastics was the key this day. I tried flipping, but despite the pond being ringed with pads and clumps of weeds, I've never had a bite flipping. It's weird.

Some spinnerbait fish, too, yeah. And two on the Gantarel.

Posted Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:02 am

jamesd

Frambrett that looks like Nunya Pond. Kenny Nice video. When you gonna teach me to use my GoPro?

You bought one?

You fishing Watuppa on Sunday?

Posted Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:02 am

The beat goes on! The bass bite just isn't there! Couple of small ones here and there and a few rat picks. Only good thing is the weather! Laughing

Posted Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:23 pm

I launched on Great Herring yesterday at dawn and stayed until 2:00. The weather was windy and overcast. Water temp were 56-57 degrees. It was my 1st time there, and managed a 2-10 Larry right off the bat using a Rapala Shadow Rap. Got a few more hits and nada for a while.

Found a spot behind the largest point that wasn't so windy and managed one more Larry, two Smallies, and a pickerel. All three were under two pounds. Being two weeks before Thanksgiving, I call it a win.

It took me almost an hour to paddle back to the launch because of the high wind.

I'm going to try to get out a couple more times, but if this is my last trip of the year, not a bad way to finish up.

Posted Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:27 pm

Went to scout on five different ponds for biggest Larry but no luck. Although I managed to get 46 bass all together today. Up to 3lbs. Nothing is picture worthy lol

Regularly fish night time for brown trouts that I have seen lately right on shore. Broke line after first hook set.. Bummer. But hunt will be continue.

Posted Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:42 pm

deaffisherman

I'm doing well lately but haven't fish past this week yet. Few 3-4lbs. I'm strictly stick to glider lure. Senko will work well. But senko is just number on bass. While glider lure give me bigger bass. Two weeks ago, I pulled four smallmouth over 5lbs. Big one top at 5.7lbs. Along with two 5lbs Larry and big one is 5.5lbs.

- 5.5 Larry was caught on popper.
- 5.7 smallie was caught on glider
- 5.1 Larry was caught on frogging
- rest of three 5lbs smallie soldiers was caught on tube
- Rest of dinks bass are caught on everything.

In other hand, other species are hitting well too. Handful of bull sunfish but nothing beat my pb at 1.4lb. Perch are freakish huge right now. Averaged at 12-14inch. Cats are biting well but nothing that is worthy mention. Walleye are biting well too.

Will be stopped fishing for anything except focus on trouts now. With exceptions of few bass fishing outings for giants!

with all those smallies over 5 lbs your catching you should fish tournaments and see where u stack up against the best fisherman in ma!!

Posted Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:52 am

kenwood

Took my father out last Wednesday and we did all right.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpObmXFX8cg[/youtube]

nice video !! Good to see someone who still fishes with his father . Lost my dad in 2009 and would give my ranger for one more day on the water with him . Boo Freeging hoo lol !!!

Posted Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:43 am

deaffisherman

Went to scout on five different ponds for biggest Larry but no luck. Although I managed to get 46 bass all together today. Up to 3lbs. Nothing is picture worthy lol

Regularly fish night time for brown trouts that I have seen lately right on shore. Broke line after first hook set.. Bummer. But hunt will be continue.

What features do you generally look for in scouting new ponds? You're a hell of a good fisherman and I'm curious how you pick your spots.

Posted Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:15 am

Dang - no, I never really been interest into tournament fishing. But yes, I do play them once in while.

Fishma519- no preference on my lake choice, I hit them all. Then trying figure out the pattern. (That's how I get enjoyment from crack the pattern) yesterday - two lake was muddy and lot of logs in water. Maybe 30-40ft deep. One pond is full of rocks with sparse weeds with only max 8 feet. Last two ponds is bath tub feature with no structure At all with 10-15 feet deep. (My first move is fish deep. Out the middle. Since I'm limited to wader the shoreline.) I used dropshot. Until I ran out of sinkers. So I switched to Carolina rig. Worked well at all five ponds. Although rocky pond is only senko/fluke. This spot is where I got 3lbs and biggest fish of the day.

I'm scout the ponds that I haven't fish yet. Just want to check them out and figure out if they are worthy to come back again or not. Only three ponds is definitely will go back again at next year. Another two ponds is no.

So, point is my pattern was find the ledge from shallow to deep. Bass are hanging that area at this time of year. Fish is on bottom. Not on suspense or top. Although they might are.

Posted Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:58 am

Trying to hang in there but it is getting tough! The reward doesn't equal the effort put into it. I was shut out twice this week on ponds that are usually good in the cold water. Next week just might do it for the kayak! Sad

Posted Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:05 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links