Anyone seeing lakes start to turn over yet? I'd imagine once the water temps start to touch the 40s it will be happening. Any tips on fishing the turnover and having some success? Or just hang it up for a few weeks?

Posted Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:48 am

Turnover happened at least a month ago if not more. Early October for the deeper ponds 50+ ' of water and late Sept. for shallower ones < 30'

Posted Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:28 pm

Killer day today, too many bass to count and some nice slab crappies.

Water temp 42-46. Suspending jerks did the numbers and spinnerbaits got the big ones. Had a 6 + at the boat and it spit the hook into Rogers thumb as he was lippin it. I would of sucked it up to land the fish, he chose not to. ha.

Posted Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:08 pm

No net? I hate lipping them with trebles everywhere

Posted Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:41 am

I'm still hanging in there without much to show for it! Been out every morning this week with one crappie to show for it. Had some solid bites with a few missed hooksets. Had a 2lb bass on this morning that escaped as I was about to lip it! Need to get my December bass soon, time is running out!

Posted Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Just moved into a waterfront house on a small, shallow pond, and forced myself to slow down and use suspending jerkbaits. This gal went 5lb-11oz, and I hit a 4-2 on a crankbait on Vet's Day. Water's at 40 here in CT River Valley, with a thin sheet of ice on south end of pond pretty much every morning. The Pickerel and Perch have been on fire aside from the Largemouth bite. This extended fall has been great, keep the lines wet!

Posted Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:56 am

Wow, that's a beauty, guess the fall bite ain't over until the ice covers the surface!

Posted Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:29 pm

thats awesome! yea the bass bite is tought! caught a 2.5 last sunday on a jerkbait.

going out tomorrow! SO PUMPED to fish this pond!

Posted Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:22 pm

Last yak outing yesterday! Got my Dec. bass! About a lb on a RatlTrap, missed a couple of hooksets and had a couple of strikes. Will fish in the waders for as long as I can last! Laughing

Posted Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:33 am

I got out yesterday and today in the kayak for a few hours at one of my holes.Got skunked yesterday but managed a 1.5 pound Largemouth this morning plus a couple of Crappie! Water temps were 42 degrees and I caught the Bass on a 2 inch Rapalla Minnow. What a couple of great days weather wise!

Posted Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Yeah, weather is not looking all that bad. Just not worth the effort of loading and unloading etc. for a couple of bites! It is all winding down anyway you cut it! Or is it Question Laughing

Last edited by don51 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Anyone fish Lout Pond? I'm getting out somewhere tomorrow and am looking at it. Another question: any car top boat access?

Thanks, in advance, for your answers.

Posted Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:13 pm

Never caught a trout there, but have caught many stunted bass! Have had days where I have caught 15-20 bass and not one over a lb! Car top access is tough. You may be able to launch at the very south end of the pond, but it will still involve a little work. Little South is another 5 minutes down the road and is a very easy launch. Sm and Lm. 20 ft. deep kettle type pond.

Posted Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:12 am

caught 2 fish on saturday with a few hits! small shallow pond. 2-3lbs

yesterday tough bite! caught one lil 1.5er on a 3 inch swimbait jig head combo in 20 feet of water. lost a decent fish on a swimbait

Posted Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:52 am

Smallmouth up to 3lbs. were hitting jigs down the cape yesterday. All fish were caught in 40'-25' of water. Temps were 47-49.
The blade bait bite for some reason was dead and so was the ability to locate bait or fish on the finder. Caught perch and trout too on 1/2 oz. football jigs.

There's plenty of fish to be had until the water gets hard. Don't put the boats away just yet!

Posted Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links